• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winters Last Stand / March 11th-13th Winter Storm

Models starting to settle in on reality as we see more 2-4 type runs vs the crazy big runs . Of course there is the stupid CMC that went nuts but that's not realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gfs_asnow_seus_17.png

Much better run compared to the 12z for NC folks..... I wonder (maybe just wishful thinking) if the precip shield would be a little more expansive with that slp right off the coast, either way it upped the qpf and was ever so slightly north of the 12z.

Models starting to settle in on reality as we see more 2-4 type runs vs the crazy big runs . Of course there is the stupid CMC that went nuts but that's not realistic

I'll ride Doc off the cliff one final time...

I see the day time highs for Saturday keep getting colder each run also (again selfishly I'm speaking of up this way) but now GFS barely has me getting out of the 30's Sat, now I know it has a cold bias but that would be huge for accumulations (not that ground temps or sun angle matter or anything like that LOL)

I'll ride Doc off the cliff one final time...

I am on board the Euro train as well. Let's hope the GFS takes its course and in the end it is right with the more widespread snow situation. It seems to be GFS and NAM (more north) vs Euro, UKMET, NAVGEM, and CMC on the Gulf side. Who will win this time? I say Euro FTW!

I see the day time highs for Saturday keep getting colder each run also (again selfishly I'm speaking of up this way) but now GFS barely has me getting out of the 30's Sat, now I know it has a cold bias but that would be huge for accumulations (not that ground temps or sun angle matter or anything like that LOL)
Of course not ... ;)

Seeing some snow fly is way too close to my area. The way it's trended south over the past few days has me on edge lol. Fingers crossed that I see some snow flying around come this weekend.

Much better run compared to the 12z for NC folks..... I wonder (maybe just wishful thinking) if the precip shield would be a little more expansive with that slp right off the coast, either way it upped the qpf and was ever so slightly north of the 12z.
If the gfs verified our snow would probably be melted by evening :(

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Back