• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Chattanooga was at 4500ft above sea level and Kentucky was a great lake. Let's all admit, we could lose Kentucky to a vast body of water in the name of decent southern winters, not that big of a loss...

Thought this was interesting. For Raleigh it looks like almost 50% of the time it will see 3”+ of snow after being skunked up to this point of the winter. But, almost the same odds we see less than an 1” rest of the way.

Thought this was interesting. For Raleigh it looks like almost 50% of the time it will see 3”+ of snow after being skunked up to this point of the winter. But, almost the same odds we see less than an 1” rest of the way.

Even more interesting is 7 years 10+ at RDU, only 2 for GSO and if you go to the 5+ it's 11 yrs for RDU compared to 6 GSO. Coastals, as we near the end of Winter, can wipe out any deficit real quick.

Even more interesting is 7 years 10+ at RDU, only 2 for GSO and if you go to the 5+ it's 11 yrs for RDU compared to 6 GSO. Coastals, as we near the end of Winter, can wipe out any deficit real quick.

Looks like about 134 years in there data set and we’ve seen 14 years with less than an 1”. So about 1 in 10. We were due for this. After looking at the 0z EPS VP forecast for first half of Feb I’m ready to throw in towel.

I'm bout sick of looking at models and wishing for some cold and snow! I'm just about ready to thrown the towel in again. I usually don't do that twice in one winter, but this one is turning out to be really special!?

I keep model watching to see when spring comes since it isn't going to snow. #Donewiththisdumpsterfireofawinter. #bringon60's #ismyfirsthastagtoolong

I keep model watching to see when spring comes since it isn't going to snow. #Donewiththisdumpsterfireofawinter. #bringon60's #ismyfirsthastagtoolong
#willnotreadhashtagsthatareoverazillioncharactersbutitmakessense

Not enthusiastic about the 6z GFS making that drastic a jump, but I'll see what the euro says at 12z to decide if I'll continue to track that period semi seriously continue being dragged along.

#willnotreadhashtagsthatareoverazillioncharactersbutitmakessense

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back