• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t help but say, when I was younger, I didn’t look at models much, it seemed to snow more, seemed to sneak up, but now that I look at models more often, it never snows
When I was younger and looked at the models, I read them wrong.

I wish I was 18
Seems like yesterday I was, but that was 3 years ago. Time sure flies.

I can’t help but say, when I was younger, I didn’t look at models much, it seemed to snow more, seemed to sneak up, but now that I look at models more often, it never snows

I discovered the world of weather models when I was 13, and it's going to be 12 years since I really dove into this hobby by October. Pretty sure I've done this before on here, but you brought up the memories from then again.

Boy, in some ways, my teenage life was a bit weird, but everyone would probably say the same. For the most part this was mainly a winter hobby in the past, but my dad didn't like the idea of me dating until I was 18+, then middle school teasing had freaked me up, so while I got older over the HS years and had friends, I was too shy to ask to go hang out most of the time (outside of one friend that's still a friend).

So, since I didn't like how I didn't get out much, that combined with me wanting to have a chance at seeing more snow is how I end up going out of town to go to university when I wasn't ready to. I enjoyed those years because it did allow me to see more snow, it kept me away from a historic ice storm, and it allowed me to go for more walks out in country I'm not as familiar with, but didn't really progress much in the classroom.

I really should have flipped it around for my personal needs. I needed to go to technical school before even thinking about a university (which could've possibly happened later).

He had to, another concussion and his mind is mush

He’ll be lucky if someone isn’t changing his diaper and wiping drool off his face by the time he’s 50. He will have the signs of dementia by the time he’s 50 probably. Those guys that have suffered so many concussions in the game are all messed up. Causes a lot of them to take their own lives. I hope this doesn’t happen to Luke, but it doesn’t look good with all the concussions.

I discovered the world of weather models when I was 13, and it's going to be 12 years since I really dove into this hobby by October. Pretty sure I've done this before on here, but you brought up the memories from then again.

Boy, in some ways, my teenage life was a bit weird, but everyone would probably say the same. For the most part this was mainly a winter hobby in the past, but my dad didn't like the idea of me dating until I was 18+, then middle school teasing had freaked me up, so while I got older over the HS years and had friends, I was too shy to ask to go hang out most of the time (outside of one friend that's still a friend).

So, since I didn't like how I didn't get out much, that combined with me wanting to have a chance at seeing more snow is how I end up going out of town to go to university when I wasn't ready to. I enjoyed those years because it did allow me to see more snow, it kept me away from a historic ice storm, and it allowed me to go for more walks out in country I'm not as familiar with, but didn't really progress much in the classroom.

I really should have flipped it around for my personal needs. I needed to go to technical school before even thinking about a university (which could've possibly happened later).

Are you English or Irish? I mean is that where you’re from?

Are you English or Irish? I mean is that where you’re from?

Nah, I'm from the US.

Country's another way of me referring to rural areas. I probably spent more time out in the Berry WMA or some other areas out in Northwest Georgia than actually socializing. I remember one time where I walked into my grandma's house (the one that lives up there) and she was asking if I had heard a storm because there was a tornado warning near where I was out (and I do believe I heard thunder and turned around then).

Edit: It's not that its not in my blood, although I probably have slightly more Eastern European blood than anything because you only have to head back to my grandparents generation on one side to find someone that immigrated (and for good reason too).

Nah, I'm from the US.

Country's another way of me referring to rural areas. I probably spent more time out in the Berry WMA or some other areas out in Northwest Georgia than actually socializing. I remember one time where I walked into my grandma's house (the one that lives up there) and she was asking if I had heard a storm because there was a tornado warning near where I was out (and I do believe I heard thunder and turned around then).

Edit: It's not that its not in my blood, although I probably have slightly more Eastern European blood than anything because you only have to head back to my grandparents generation on one side to find someone that immigrated (and for good reason too).

Oh okay. I just saw how you used University and since I lived in England (that’s how they refer to college) I thought you might have been from there. I’m Portuguese. LOL

Chasing Snowstorms in the SE...
View attachment 30929
Kinda like this too....
e786e1f8a843c9865b21496b4657f3d0.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back