• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flooding is a lot worse for people than your grass not looking pretty.

Flooding is a lot worse for people than your grass not looking pretty.
See there is no sense in this statement, I didn't take his comment as wishing floods on anyone. You think because you don't actually quote the statement it isn't personal but basically it is....not necessary. Thanks

Lol watch this actually happen. Charlotte gets completely skipped on the latest 3km NAM run, not even raining as the line of storms passes over.

1580934227128.png

If it's dry here I get forest fires, wet I get flooding. Everything is an extreme the last 4 or 5 years. Now the Euro and GFS are throwing out 12-16 inch rain totals for the d1-16 period. Last February the same thing happened. Mass flooding issues all spring and summer before late September went hot and dry and caused a flash drought with fire threats. I've had over 160 inches of rain in the last 25 months. Before that extreme drought that saw East Tennessee on fire for several weeks.

I've accepted this winter for what it is along time ago! If it manages to somehow snow still then awesome! But if it doesn't its not that rare. It's been 18 years out of 142 years that CLT has only recorded a tr of snow which is not measurable snow. Only recordable snow. IMG_20200205_172001.jpgBut it is kind of disturbing 9 of the 18 have occured in the last 30 years. As you see it was completely random up until 1990. Now you can see it has become a frequent occurrence. Smh

I've accepted this winter for what it is along time ago! If it manages to somehow snow still then awesome! But if it doesn't its not that rare. It's been 18 years out of 142 years that CLT has only recorded a tr of snow which is not measurable snow. Only recordable snow. View attachment 33114But it is kind of disturbing 9 of the 18 have occured in the last 30 years. As you see it was completely random up until 1990. Now you can see it has become a frequent occurrence. Smh
29 year stretch from 28’ to 57’ had 5 winters with a trace. 30 year stretch from 90’ to 20’ has 8. BUT this winter isn’t over yet. Doesn’t seem too far off. Let’s hope for something backloaded and keep it at 7

North Georgia. Calm before the flood. Our break is about over from the looks of it.

23570d034f31f4410c7232109c20c4c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back