• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "no-see-ums" are notorious here. That's why our former baseball team was called the "Sand Gnats." They are normally worst here on spring and fall evenings, but not winter evenings lol.
My understanding is that these gnats go as far inland as the Fall Line but I can't verify that.
When (seasons and times) are they the worst in Hogtown?
Actually, they are almost non-existent here (we have our tiger 'skeeters to deal with though); it's over from Homosassa to around Mexico Beach in the sweet sand areas that are bad; the absolute worst are around Cedar Key ... May - late September 9:00 AM to dark.

Keep winning

00f31261961884a3bcc39474235a1349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3-6”, better hoist the Winter Storm Warnings now. Nice storm! Oh, wait, that’s rain. ;)

What a winter it has been so far! Broad brush RNK has put SNOW in my forecast every week, ONLY to take it out at game time.................................

SATURDAY...Partly sunny in the morning, then mostly cloudy with
a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 40s.
Chance of rain 40 percent.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain showers. A
chance of snow showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 30s.
Chance of precipitation 50 percent.
.SUNDAY...Mostly sunny. A chance of rain and snow showers in the
morning.
Highs in the upper 40s. Chance of precipitation
30 percent.

IF we don't get some significant freezes around here in late Feb/Mar then mosquito season is going to be a nightmare. I'd love a good snowstorm, but that's probably not in the cards at this point, but I'll take a genuine prolonged cold spell, just to stave off bug season for a while. I don't know for sure, but I'm almost certain this Winter is on par for the fewest nightly freezes on record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back