• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to get away from these el nino base states. They screw you way more days than they help. Weak as pond water la nina is way to go. Its drier but you get shots of cold. Use to could count on weak el ninos, but even when the east verse west setup aurgument tips in your favor, they just dont produce anymore. We get the moisture but also pacific origin air.

Wonder what will happen first? We get Iowa Democratic Caucus results or we get a pattern change?

Got to get away from these el nino base states. They screw you way more days than they help. Weak as pond water la nina is way to go. Its drier but you get shots of cold. Use to could count on weak el ninos, but even when the east verse west setup aurgument tips in your favor, they just dont produce anymore. We get the moisture but also pacific origin air.
exactly... spot on bro

As awful as the last 14 months have been for the 85 corridor, I feel for I20 guys from DFW to CAE. Absolutely ridiculous for an area to go this long with nothing.

View attachment 33002

This oughta verify. I live on the SE side of Lake Lanier in Georgia right under the snow line. ?‍♂️

The Georgia portion of that map looks almost completely dependent on elevation, and the cutoff according to the majority of that is around 1500'. The section in northwest Georgia probably will not verify that isn't part of lookout mountain.

Keep winning

00f31261961884a3bcc39474235a1349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree ... but IMHO (very humble) that is what late March, April and the 1st half of May are for (at least the fishing part) ... however, if one can't find time with family regardless of the time of year or the weather, then there's a whole 'nother discussion to be had ...

Speaking of fishing, here’s a lil cold water bass I caught a week ago, ready for it to warm up, that’s when the big ol flathead catfish arrive around here

Attachments

• 5BE747C2-B358-4E50-B206-031C2AD1A3D6.jpeg
    5BE747C2-B358-4E50-B206-031C2AD1A3D6.jpeg
    864.9 KB · Views: 25
Speaking of fishing, here’s a lil cold water bass I caught a week ago, ready for it to warm up, that’s when the big ol flathead catfish arrive around here
I'm just waiting (and with the warmth it won't be long yet) for the big ol' mama large mouth bass, full of roe, to start bedding ... give me a still cloudy day and a plastic worm and my Garcia (reel, not guitarist) and I will have just a great time ... :cool:

The sand gnats here were awful yesterday evening. Normally they don't start getting bad til spring! I hope cold comes back, whether it be late Feb or March...hopefully both!

The sand gnats here were awful yesterday evening. Normally they don't start getting bad til spring! I hope cold comes back, whether it be late Feb or March...hopefully both!
Larry,
Are they "no-see-um's"? If so, I did not know they ranged that far up the coast; actually, if so, I thought they were pretty much confined to the Big Bend (in any event they are real bad come June - October in the sweet sand areas). If so, I learn something usefully new today!
Phil

Larry,
Are they "no-see-um's"? If so, I did not know they ranged that far up the coast; actually, if so, I thought they were pretty much confined to the Big Bend. If so, I learn something usefully new today!
Phil

The "no-see-ums" are notorious here. That's why our former baseball team was called the "Sand Gnats." They are normally worst here on spring and fall evenings, but not winter evenings lol.
My understanding is that these gnats go as far inland as the Fall Line but I can't verify that.
When (seasons and times) are they the worst in Hogtown?

Idk, but I love it, 70 degree days are really nice days where you could spend time outside with family or do activities like fishing
Edit * also bass spawning season not to far away in NC/SC
I agree its nice outside, but imo keep the 70 degree weather where it belongs. And that sure as hell ain't February 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back