• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite signal for a CAD storm threat on the 12z GEFS in the day 9-10 range.
GEFSMA_prec_ptypens_234.png
Let's roll with an 8/18 mix!

Why are you talking about salt water

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pure sodium (Na) mixed with water (H2O)creates sodium hydroxide (NaOH) and Hydrogen (H) gas. It creates its own chemical reaction releasing heat and can cause an explosion or at the very least combustion.

Source: Me. I’m a retired Paramedic/Firefighter and HazMat Technician for the Federal Government. My specialty in HazMat was WMD.

An old weatherman story. I arrived at friendship airport in Greensboro NC. Temperatures were in the low 60's. I was 18 and on leave. Needless to say, I was out and about.

I ran into Fred Blackman from WGHP at a bar. He said they were looking at an area of sleet in Atlanta. By 3AM the temperature was down to 10F. Snow flurries had started. A flash freeze had frozen everything. Between 7AM and 2PM 17 inches of snow fell. At noon street lights were on. Trees cast shadows.

This became known, as the President's Day Storm in 1979.

An old weatherman story. I arrived at friendship airport in Greensboro NC. Temperatures were in the low 60's. I was 18 and on leave. Needless to say, I was out and about.

I ran into Fred Blackman from WGHP at a bar. He said they were looking at an area of sleet in Atlanta. By 3AM the temperature was down to 10F. Snow flurries had started. A flash freeze had frozen everything. Between 7AM and 2PM 17 inches of snow fell. At noon street lights were on. Trees cast shadows.

This became known, as the President's Day Storm in 1979.
Now days, we can never get that kind of cold and moisture combined. The winters around here aren't like they used to be. Climate change is real!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Now days, we can never get that kind of cold and moisture combined. The winters around here aren't like they used to be. Climate change is real!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It can still happen. Climate change is BS... Sorry you youngsters got brainwashed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back