• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a very long time since I've thought about having someone toss me a rope! Should I hold off a little longer?
I would. I do this to myself every year..I guess part of the fun is getting sucked back in. I honestly don’t mind the disappointment anymore. I expect it

It can still happen. Climate change is BS... Sorry you youngsters got brainwashed....
It can still happen, but it's less frequent now days. Climate change is BS to some, but the Earth has indeed warmed over the years.
There is no such thing as normal weather. The weather Is simply what it is...
You are right, there is no such thing as normal weather. We base "normal weather" by averages which is what we go by. The weather does what it does and like you said, the weather is simply what it is.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

An old weatherman story. I arrived at friendship airport in Greensboro NC. Temperatures were in the low 60's. I was 18 and on leave. Needless to say, I was out and about.

I ran into Fred Blackman from WGHP at a bar. He said they were looking at an area of sleet in Atlanta. By 3AM the temperature was down to 10F. Snow flurries had started. A flash freeze had frozen everything. Between 7AM and 2PM 17 inches of snow fell. At noon street lights were on. Trees cast shadows.

This became known, as the President's Day Storm in 1979.
Oh man, I grew up with WGHP! Well, at least through the mid-80s. Frank Deal was the best of the best. He was my all-time favorite weatherman.

Yep, I remember Fred vividly. He used to anchor with Cynthia Smoot back when I watched it. And Rich Brenner with sports. I think Mike Hogewood did sports there for a while. This pic is probably from the late 80s or early 90s.

old-team.jpg

In the not gonna happen department, Member 50 manages to drop several feet of snow imby over a couple of days. Nothing is ever going to top the Euro op showing me with 36 inches within 4 days though. (I ended up with 2 inches)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back