• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is ignoring my Greg Fishel post in the January thread. Don't get your hopes up. Greg says turn out the lights, game over, winter cancelled.
Welp guess we should just shut down then. Have all the respect in the world for the guy but that's a really ballsy comment to make

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Everyone is ignoring my Greg Fishel post in the January thread. Don't get your hopes up. Greg says turn out the lights, game over, winter cancelled.

Anyone saying it for the SE has a 75% chance of being right. lol. He may be right but he doesn't seem to have any scientific reason why. I'd probably agree that our chances for January are quite low IMO, but February looks like a come back is possible.

I get what Greg Fishel is saying...when you get to mid Jan and the pattern looks like this with a stout strat PV you can't help but think winter is probably over.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_7day-9089600.png

30dTDeptUS.png

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's about as accurate as me throwing a glass plate on the ground and counting the shards to see how long until it'll snow again. We have 2 months left and 1 to see some change. We will have a change in the coming weeks.

ab8e1468dac66bf024a127a748779d44.jpg

Good ole TWC sees that pattern change.

People hate on their automated forecasts, but they never seem to have to change them that much, even after day ten.

I get what Greg Fishel is saying...when you get to mid Jan and the pattern looks like this with a stout strat PV you can't help but think winter is probably over.

View attachment 29994

View attachment 29995
It's January and do people not realize that the pattern is crap? How are others not annoyed that soon as we get into January, (the month that it's suppose to be the coldest month) and we get spring like weather instead? I know I am; I'm admitting it, winter is basically over at this point!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

It's January and do people not realize that the pattern is crap? How are others not annoyed that soon as we get into January, (the month that it's suppose to be the coldest month) and we get spring like weather instead? I know I am; I'm admitting it, winter is basically over at this point!

I’ve seen January’s a lot worse than this one. Plus last winter set the bar high for suckage so why not keep piling on.

For those throwing in towel saying winter is over PLEASE do us all a favor and STOP POSTING . Find something else to do , another hobby for the next three months . Oh and make sure when the first real threat pops up between now and March 1 do NOT come back here

At least January’s have been mostly near average temperature wise lately. I don’t even want to know where this one ends up. KATL has had 5 total freezes so far. The low temperatures have been astronomical with weeks of March-like temperatures incoming. It’s just sad when there is such an abundance of cold air nearby. It will look like full blown spring around here in a few weeks, the maples are already budding.

I’m sure most are atleast slightly aggravated but we have 8-10 weeks of legit time to get a period or two that can produce.

Getting ready for the final lap prepping for a jury trial that's gonna stretch in to 2 weeks. Not looking much at weather or anything else. If anyone sees anything worth notice IMBY, please PM me; I'll be looking in here as I can. Most appreciated!
Best & Thanks!
Phil

At least January’s have been mostly near average temperature wise lately. I don’t even want to know where this one ends up. KATL has had 5 total freezes so far. The low temperatures have been astronomical with weeks of March-like temperatures incoming. It’s just sad when there is such an abundance of cold air nearby. It will look like full blown spring around here in a few weeks, the maples are already budding.
Are you ITP? It was 24 again this morning and my daffodils aren’t breaking the surface yet?

Are you ITP? It was 24 again this morning and my daffodils aren’t breaking the surface yet?

No, I’m in northeastern Cobb county, so while I’m generally 3-5 degrees colder then the airport, I’m not in a valley at 1148’, so our lows are a good bit warmer then areas like Bartow County that sit fairly low where you are.

No, I’m in northeastern Cobb county, so while I’m generally 3-5 degrees colder then the airport, I’m not in a valley at 1148’, so our lows are a good bit warmer then areas like Bartow County that sit fairly low where you are.
True. I’m in a prime spot for radiational cooling and we have had three or four May frosts since we moved here. We have lacked the post frontal cold air advection freezes that take care of you guys.

I’m sure most are atleast slightly aggravated but we have 8-10 weeks of legit time to get a period or two that can produce.
I sure hope there will be a legit winter storm to track soon. It seems like everything we see that supports a colder pattern and winter storms are in the 200+/300+ hour range. And then as time closes in, it basically turns out to be nothing and we get screwed over. Even if the PV does drop south that doesn't automatically scream winter storms. It could turn out to be cold and dry which that has a much greater chance at verifying than a cold and wet pattern. It's crazy how the deep cold air can come knocking on the southeast "doors" and we still can't score. As long as that southern stream is pumping with a solid eastern ridge, that deep arctic air has no chance of pushing south and east. I'm just being honest, there's not going to be winter storm(s) anytime soon at this time and that's a big disappointment with it being January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back