• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
52bcb0401b121d9db2a8f3fb6b3993c2.jpg

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol k

I've definitely noticed even my fantasy snow is way down this year. The only time I've seen actual fantasy snow is when the models are trending to a cutter, and I catch it in the middle. No sustained threats to track this year might be a new low point, after last year's low point of no accumulating snow with a couple near misses. Next year maybe I'll be just tracking rain storms to break up the winter heat waves.

I've definitely noticed even my fantasy snow is way down this year. The only time I've seen actual fantasy snow is when the models are trending to a cutter, and I catch it in the middle. No sustained threats to track this year might be a new low point, after last year's low point of no accumulating snow with a couple near misses. Next year maybe I'll be just tracking rain storms to break up the winter heat waves.
I noticed that a few years ago. It happened for a couple of years in a row and it aggrivated me. Even if we don't get many events, it's still fun to track them together. There have literally been zero real events (IMO) to track this year, outside of a small area of the region. It takes the fun out. It really does. Anyway, when I noticed it a few years ago, it turned around a season or two later. Hopefully, it will do that again.

February 5 to the 8 timeframe fantasy storm is no different than any other so far this winter when it show up 2 weeks plus out into voodoo land we keep getting sucked in thinking one of these fantasy storms will eventually verify but we keep getting slap in the face with reality... This winter is very much THE DARK AGE

I kind of want to go skiing this weekend if it isn't raining up in the mountains. But it isn't looking good.

EDIT: Looks like Snowshoe would do the trick as it looks like all snow there, but that's 5.5 hours from here. SMH.

Last edited:
We really are in just an awful stretch down here in Central SC. Feb 13th will mark 6 years since we have seen anything Winter storm worthy. Which is like an inch of snow down here. November 1st, 2014 barely counts in my opinion, because it was a very isolated event. Hard to believe that our last event was this one below in 2014. You guys in NC think yall are in a bad stretch...

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back