• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit when the Thursday thing fell apart it completely broke what little bit of spirit I had left. This poop sucks when you can't even get a snow flake or sleet pellet. Warm warm warm that's all we ever get. I'm sure March will be fooking -10 then we will be near 90 by Easter.
It’s pretty depressing. I was excited to see snow this winter after living in the tropics the last few winters. It’s been so long since I saw a snowstorm. Instead, we continue to get mirage pattern changes. Maybe late February and early March can save us like 2015. I’m all in for this D9 storm, but you just know it’s going to rain.

Is it safe to say we go from summer straight to winter now? We go from 95/75 beginning of October to 60/35 by mid October and stay right there until April.

I must’ve missed winter. I think our lowest temp at RDU this winter is 24 so far. ?

Have just about 0 interest in cold happening in March (so that's probably going to mean that's when we see cold), in fact, don't think it's even going to help even south of I-40 at the most if we're honest. Once we bust out on early February, stick a fork in winter.

Would LOVE to have to chomp on crow, but I doubt it. Would rather have similar days to today then the likely countless low 50s or mid 40s gray days if what I think is possible were to transpire. Low 60s in brilliant sunshine.
FWIW, it can absolutely snow in March, especially early March. Early March is one of the most prime periods for major winter storms in our region, IMO. Of course, you have to combat sun angle and deal with the fact that your 6” of snow will sizzle away in 36 hours when it warms up to 70 the day after, but we can get some juicy systems in March. I’d rather get snow in January, but I’ll take whatever we can get, and if that’s a March snow I’m all in.

FWIW, it can absolutely snow in March, especially early March. Early March is one of the most prime periods for major winter storms in our region, IMO. Of course, you have to combat sun angle and deal with the fact that your 6” of snow will sizzle away in 36 hours when it warms up to 70 the day after, but we can get some juicy systems in March. I’d rather get snow in January, but I’ll take whatever we can get, and if that’s a March snow I’m all in.

Shorter wavelengths FTW, give me a ULL during March and I’ll take my chances

I must’ve missed winter. I think our lowest temp at RDU this winter is 24 so far. ?
60/35 has became our winter lately?
But I agree, I didn't hit teens all year last year and look to not do it this year. I don't ever remember that happening although I'm sure it has. But two years in a row? Probably not.

I know.

I still have absolutely 0 interest at least personally. That early March 2009 ULL still torments me, and really the last time something significant wintry happened for my location now in March is going to be 40 years ago after its an unsurprising no go again and I don't see it breaking anytime soon (although how long I'm still in the area is still in question).

Let's just move on to spring if nothing happens at any point in the first two weeks of February. I know, it ain't happening because it has to flip at some point but I don't want cold in March.

This is one time I'm going to go against Larry. Sorry but I want spring in early March.

Last edited:
What's funny is I spent the winter of 03-04 in Houston. That was a pretty good winter back this way. But it was easy because I knew I wasn't getting anything. Now the funny part is after I moved back Houston got a white Christmas in December 2004. First one in over 100 years. And I was under a Winterstorm Warning for 2-4 inches for that same system the day after Christmas and got skunked! You really can't make that stuff up.

Nothing wrong his posts in my opinion, I enjoy the jokes every now and then, better than being 100% serious, Mack crossed the line at times tho ??
Yeah. This board would be way more fun if we spent all of our time tracking snow we’re not going to get or cold patterns that aren’t going to happen... I don’t think I’m that intolerable. Plus my warm and rainy forecasts are usually right ??‍♂️ And I understand everyone isn’t going to like that. I don’t think I would have liked me 5 years ago when I was still a full fledged snow goober..this hobby is a lot less painful when you inject a little fun into it

Yeah. This board would be way more fun if we spent all of our time tracking snow we’re not going to get or cold patterns that aren’t going to happen... I don’t think I’m that intolerable. Plus my warm and rainy forecasts are usually right ??‍♂️ And I understand everyone isn’t going to like that. I don’t think I would have liked me 5 years ago when I was still a full fledged snow goober..this hobby is a lot less painful when you inject a little fun into it

Exactly!!! I agree, used to hug max snow outputs/max cold outputs but these winter have changed me, to look at reality more and to joke about it, no fun in being serious 100% of the time

It's only weather--something you cannot control. Enjoy the weather you have, it's the only weather you have!
Sorry JB wanted me to let you know you got it all wrong! Enjoy the weather, it's the only weather you got! ? lol

Exactly!!! I agree, used to hug max snow outputs/max cold outputs but these winter have changed me, to look at reality more and to joke about it, no fun in being serious 100% of the time
and how useful would a SE weather board be to the public if it was one sided with cold and snow as the main focus all the time? It would be very misleading. There needs to be balance and emotions need to be kept in check. IMO

You da man Jimmy! Hold your ground................. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back