• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol thunderstorms. Here's the real picture of summer: 100 degrees, 75 degree dewpoint, swamp ass, no rain, relentless bugs, the sun is 24 feet away, drought, more drought, continued drought.
Nice nighttime flathead/channel cat fishing /bass fishing, (winter is good, but you’ll freeze your a** off and there typically more sluggish during winter) the beach, at least seeing more thunderstorms then the amount of snow you see in 10 years, and not to mention overall summer is a more happier time then dead Winter

Nice nighttime flathead/channel cat fishing /bass fishing, (winter is good, but you’ll freeze your a** off and there typically more sluggish during winter) the beach, at least seeing more thunderstorms then the amount of snow you see in 10 years, and not to mention overall summer is a more happier time then dead Winter
I'm fine with summer when highs are 86-92 this 95+ crap blows and seems to be getting more and more frequent.

A win for me in Feb would be if I don't have to run my AC at nights more than 7 nights until March. That to me would be like getting a 10" snow storm. We have to make new goals in our new winters.

View attachment 32439
63 on my birthday might take the day off and hit the golf course. That 63 is probably too low, I could see low 70s Monday or Tuesday

How in deeee f*cckkk is it to so easy to get warmth yet so hard to get things our way and cold our way
Its easy we live in the south. I’ve had multiple years just as bad as this and right when I think it don’t snow as much anymore I end up with incredible winters such as 2015,2016 and 2018. 2017 and 2019 sucked and so far this year has stunk but it ain’t over til March 15th. It is not uncommon to have multiple cruddy winters in the south as after all we do live in the south and it’s completely normal. We are in the midst of a bad multi year pattern but we will eventually go into a good multi year pattern at some point. Also keep in mind some winters have been horrible snow wise even in a cooler pattern and that’s simply because it doesn’t like snowing this far south. I saw someone mention it would take pulling a rabbit out of a hat to get snow this year. The truth is it always takes pulling a rabbit out of a hat to get snow anytime no matter the year in the south.

Is it safe to say we go from summer straight to winter now? We go from 95/75 beginning of October to 60/35 by mid October and stay right there until April.

No, winter happens when you get that quick shot of cold air in Mid November with lows in the teens. Then we warm back up to spring sometime in December.

I don’t know why you guys are “waiting” on the warmth..I’m out here target shooting in basketball shorts..if I never knew what snow was and didn’t have such a nostalgic connection to it I would think you guys were crazy. But in the end, I get it.

I don’t know why you guys are “waiting” on the warmth..I’m out here target shooting in basketball shorts..if I never knew what snow was and didn’t have such a nostalgic connection to it I would think you guys were crazy. But in the end, I get it.
Aim for the PV maybe you can change winter

I’m nervous. But if it turns out to be chilly and dry I think I’m making the trip anyway. Seeing that spring kicks in next week. This may be the last shot at a decent mountain weekend

Im very nervous, especially pulling back to back weekends and this past weekend being a heart breaker with elevations over 4k getting 3-4 inches of snow as we were leaving. I would be tickled to death to just see a nice 1-3 inch event, but if one of those big time members panned out, then the wife and I may have a baby on the way in 9 months. I am flipping out to be honest, if I get blanked then I wont be feeling too well. We need some more positive trends to happen, but at least there are many outcomes on the table. I would rather still have big dog members showing than none at all obviously.

Man, the 18z ICON is a great track with lots of moisture, but we need just a little cooler surface temps. I will be holding onto this one until the very last second.

ICON also appears to have the same ULL feature that the CMC showed earlier...

I am starting to feel like that may be more what we rely on for snow in our areas, but if both could produce it would be nice.

I have learned to really pay attention to the PV this year. Kudos to Cohen this year. I've thought it was just a piece of the puzzle. But this year has proven that you're in trouble with a raging positve AO and theres no way around that for the se. We did get that pattern change around the 20th. The 500mb is actually good and looks to be for the next week or so. That's why we have beautiful storm tracks. But when your temps this Saturday morning are 40 degrees and places in Manitoba are only 10 degrees colder it kind of puts into perspective how important it is to get PV disruption.

Im very nervous, especially pulling back to back weekends and this past weekend being a heart breaker with elevations over 4k getting 3-4 inches of snow as we were leaving. I would be tickled to death to just see a nice 1-3 inch event, but if one of those big time members panned out, then the wife and I may have a baby on the way in 9 months. I am flipping out to be honest, if I get blanked then I wont be feeling too well. We need some more positive trends to happen, but at least there are many outcomes on the table. I would rather still have big dog members showing than none at all obviously.

Man, the 18z ICON is a great track with lots of moisture, but we need just a little cooler surface temps. I will be holding onto this one until the very last second.
I would take 1-3 now even if that meant taking the big totals totally off the table. I’m thinking Saturday, Sunday. I might cancel the Friday booking tomorrow. 24 more hours before I have to make the call ??‍?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back