• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Whamby 2020, a New Decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
63 on my birthday might take the day off and hit the golf course. That 63 is probably too low, I could see low 70s Monday or Tuesday

Its not trending colder Mon-Wed...that's for sure. I could see AC coming on Mon-Wed nights, it has to be atleast 70F in my house at night to sleep.

Run to run changes for Mon-Wed afternoon.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t2m_f_dprog-0925600.pngecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t2m_f_dprog-0839200.pngecmwf-ensemble-avg-conus-t2m_f_dprog-0752800.png

Yes ATL needs a true Miller A. The guys up north can score multiple ways we can’t. So Miller A or a crazy good front is my thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk, on the other side of the coin we run the risk of WAA. We don’t have to really worry about that with an overrunning event. I rather have that than a Miller A setup. Plus the duration is usually a lot longer.

True story, and maybe my best post to date:

Driving to a job site earlier today, this little critter ran in front of my car and into the sun kissed green pasture to my left. I thought to myself, “That’s a Beaver.” But as I looked closer I noticed he didn’t have a beaver tail..It was a Woodchuck. Also known as a Groundhog. Now guys/gals if that doesn’t make you want to put the sled in storage and throw in the towel I’m not sure what will. I’ve never seen one in the wild before. This is not happenstance. 5C0A3FE7-3AB6-4F2F-84B3-8AC9891CBFFC.jpeg

We should have a thread called "remember the time....". You know, when the deep south had major ice storms that would become snowstorms when it entered the Carolinas and mid atlantic. Texas all the way to Georgia would get in on the action. All the major news outlets would cover it. The weather channel would air every detail about it. Youd see people in northern Miss and Alabama falling to the ground when theyd try to walk outside. Then theyd say" look out those of you in Upstate SC and NC, it appears this is going to cause major problems as this storm system exits the gulf and moves to the atlantic." Wed get 6 to 10 inches. Those winters....I remember the time!!!

True story, and maybe my best post to date:

Driving to a job site earlier today, this little critter ran in front of my car and into the sun kissed green pasture to my left. I thought to myself, “That’s a Beaver.” But as I looked closer I noticed he didn’t have a beaver tail..It was a Woodchuck. Also known as a Groundhog. Now guys/gals if that doesn’t make you want to put the sled in storage and throw in the towel I’m not sure what will. I’ve never seen one in the wild before. This is not happenstance. View attachment 32450
I haven't seen a robin yet so hanging on to my towel.

presentation1.jpg

Have just about 0 interest in cold happening in March (so that's probably going to mean that's when we see cold), in fact, don't think it's even going to help even south of I-40 at the most if we're honest. Once we bust out on early February, stick a fork in winter.

Would LOVE to have to chomp on crow, but I doubt it. Would rather have similar days to today then the likely countless low 50s or mid 40s gray days if what I think is possible were to transpire. Low 60s in brilliant sunshine.

Have just about 0 interest in cold happening in March (so that's probably going to mean that's when we see cold), in fact, don't think it's even going to help even south of I-40 at the most if we're honest. Once we bust out on early February, stick a fork in winter.

Would LOVE to have to chomp on crow, but I doubt it. Would rather have similar days to today then the likely countless low 50s or mid 40s gray days if what I think is possible were to transpire. Low 60s in brilliant sunshine.
I'm not a big fan of March snow either. But the cold bottled up at the pole may provide colder air than usual for march if it gets directed this way. This base state pattern has to start moving as we head into March.

I’m gonna give myself till February 14th before I throw in the towel. Chris justice said in his winter forecast we have above average snowfall. Well I always liked his accuracy but this one he may bust on big time. I wonder what type of severe weather season we will see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back