• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

MERRY TORCHMAS!
GBBjTASWQAAsaKG

But the euro weeklies start looking better week Dec 27th

View attachment 138498

That vortex is still way too far east to do us any good imo. Generally I think the long range models, weeklies are just defaulting to expected Nino patterns and that's what we see. However the reality will be what the pacific forcing and the jet provides as we get closer in.

We've had a crap pacific for much of the last several winters (except for 3 weeks in January 2 years ago), so until that is clearly shown under a weeks lead, I'm firmly skeptical of a good pattern setting up. Wamby mood for the week.

This December has already been much better from a temperature profile than previous El Nino years that featured all out torches for a good majority of the month, this absolutely doesn't look like a repeat of the warmth region wide in such years as 2015, 1982, and 1972.
It has been very seasonal and pleasant. A few cool days followed by a mild warm-up (nice break) and then back to sub-freezing mornings and cool afternoons. Looks like more of the same for December. Seems very average and expected for my area. Something for everyone, really, except snow, which, duh, we're in the subtropics...so, expected.

It has been very seasonal and pleasant. A few cool days followed by a mild warm-up (nice break) and then back to sub-freezing mornings and cool afternoons. Looks like more of the same for December. Seems very average and expected for my area. Something for everyone, really, except snow, which, duh, we're in the subtropics...so, expected.
Was it really this warm down in your area over the weekend?
1702321569719.png

The wedge must have held on just north. I wasn't home, but this is what I have 30 miles north:

1702321615201.png

Anybody got a Davis weather station? Want to get one for the house. Any tips on calibrating/positioning appreciated bc I don't know much about that equipment.

Anybody got a Davis weather station? Want to get one for the house. Any tips on calibrating/positioning appreciated bc I don't know much about that equipment.
I just got the Tempest Weather Flow. Would highly recommend it but I've had a Davis for a decade and it's been great. I actually just had the Davis on the back deck but I got serious and put the Tempest on the roof.

Back