• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

You can’t complain about not getting snow and medium range models not showing snow and you can’t post 200+ hour maps that feed your weenie pipe dream that you might get snow. It’s tough out here. Real tough. We don’t know what to do anymore.

It comes down to this. We are all in here because we love the weather. Our emotions are involved. But there ain't no way in hell we are going to roast February forever. We are going reel in a pattern like 2014 & 2015 again at some point. Our thoughts are skewed because of how much Winter has sucked with Feb. Screw a MJO, screw a la nina or el nino or el fabio. Bump a trough dropping to Mexico City. All we got is all we need! Let's go! WE WILL REEL IT IN DURING THE GREAT MONTH OF FEBRUARY AGAIN!!!
LeTs Rage aNd EaT Pizza On ThE RoOf.

-1 this morning… 3” of snow on top of 0.5” of ice… probably won’t thaw out until next Monday. Eat/snack/eat/snack/eat/snack… I swear if I lived up north where this kind of weather was a regular occurrence, I’d weigh 400 lbs by April

You can’t complain about not getting snow and medium range models not showing snow and you can’t post 200+ hour maps that feed your weenie pipe dream that you might get snow. It’s tough out here. Real tough. We don’t know what to do anymore.
How many times does one need to complain though? It's crazy to me that people get on here and say the same negative thing multiple times a day on different threads day after day. Is there an expectation that complaining changes the models? I don't get it

How many times does one need to complain though? It's crazy to me that people get on here and say the same negative thing multiple times a day on different threads day after day. Is there an expectation that complaining changes the models? I don't get it
It's the weather support group. Everybody needs a hug so we feel better in our misery. In fact, we should change the title of the thread to Winter Weather Support Group Warning.

What happened to fab Feb really? The models looked great just last week. Did the ssw mess it all up or is this just a model fake going on now and we really do have fab Feb as Webb has said?

This is like any social media platform. Get on your favorite NFL or college team platform and you'll have the same small group of people who are off the rails with a fart in the wind and ready to hit send on any ounce of negativity.

What happened to fab Feb really? The models looked great just last week. Did the ssw mess it all up or is this just a model fake going on now and we really do have fab Feb as Webb has said?
Models have waffled around all winter. They can show anything at any time at range. No reason to write off February just because the models show warm stuff right now. They were showing cold stuff earlier. They can revert back at any moment. It looks like we'll have some cold air on our side of the hemisphere, so that's at least a positive signal, meaning we're in the game at some level anyway.

I am confused...this is the Whammby thread. I thought this was a safe place we could come and playfully banter about how winter sucks or winter is great or about anything? Maybe we should delete this thread and just say no more complaining, if we want to whine and moan we can go pound sand and just leave this site for strictly technical analysis of weather.

I am confused...this is the Whammby thread. I thought this was a safe place we could come and playfully banter about how winter sucks or winter is great or about anything? Maybe we should delete this thread and just say no more complaining, if we want to whine and moan we can go pound sand and just leave this site for strictly technical analysis of weather.

Agreed, you should be allowed to say whatever you want about this winter, and people should be allowed to banter about your incessant negativity in here too.

Agreed, you should be allowed to say whatever you want about this winter, and people should be allowed to banter about your incessant negativity in here too.
Ignorance is bliss as some say

well, hell......it could be 35 degrees (at 6500 feet) and you get light rain and maybe a flurry mixed in at times. LMAO!

Idk what to say. Yeah this is a general southern weather board but let’s be real, we’re all here to track snow and the snow just ain’t snowin’ lately for us Carolina goobers. Like most of you I look forward to getting on here every year and shooting the sh** with you guys looking for our next big storm that we’re going to talk about for the next 50 years. So yeah it’s frustrating when those thing appear to be slapped off the table earlier and earlier every year.

Back