• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I Think the problem is for the lack of snow we've not had any neutral years. We used to have more neutral years if I remember right. Lately it's just been one or the other extremes for the past 4 or 5 years. But I will defer to the meteorologists and Fro.

Hah! I'm down, what are you making to the wheels? I made 300 on a local dyno at 60 degrees, she'll probably boost into hyperspace once she gets a taste of that arctic air, if it ever gets here!
Make right the same power to the wheels as you ! Stage 1.5, built top end, but rest of motor still stock internals. Yeah during that last December Arctic shot, boost felt crazy, and it’s feeling great this morning, I’m on methanol injection but right now there’s absolutely no point in using it, it’s really good for the warm times of the year though, for power and cleaning, cleans valves ftw for no detonation/pre-ignition, something Hyundais love doing

6/4 in Blount Co AL. Lowest dp I have seen i a looooong time.

All of these import out of towners on my town Facebook page are upset there wasn’t a 2 hour school delay here this morning for a low of 15. I’m trying hard not to get Twitter fingers over here. I’m disgusted.
It's an inconvenience for parents who work. Plus, at least around here, they've closed school twice before in the last couple weeks. The last time being for zero reason at all.

It's an inconvenience for parents who work. Plus, at least around here, they've closed school twice before in the last couple weeks. The last time being for zero reason at all.
My wife is a teacher who normally takes the kids but she has the flu. I’m now missing at least 3 hours of work thanks to the delay. Not a fan and I don’t remember us delaying things for cold in the 80s and 90s.

My wife is a teacher who normally takes the kids but she has the flu. I’m now missing at least 3 hours of work thanks to the delay. Not a fan and I don’t remember us delaying things for cold in the 80s and 90s.
Even the early 2000s. I remember going to school with snow on the roads.

All of these import out of towners on my town Facebook page are upset there wasn’t a 2 hour school delay here this morning for a low of 15. I’m trying hard not to get Twitter fingers over here. I’m disgusted.
Yeah I agree with you in this one. The only time that I can remember school being delayed or canceled for cold when I was growing upwas in the January 1994 Arctic Outbreak but the CLT area had widespread lows between -2 to 4 above and wind chills -20 to -30… no reason for delays with temps in the teens

Not a single flake from any member for the full 384hr run, yuck. View attachment 142733

Yep...completely blanked but for us east of the mountains we needed a complete pattern flush to give us a chance in the 2nd half of Feb. Patience going to be hard the next few weeks and our window to score is going to be small or it's a wait until next year.

gfs-ensemble-all-KRDU-indiv_snow_24-5471200.png

Like someone was saying earlier. The hype! If the dang media didn't hype so much the schools would probably not delay or cancel. It's ridiculous. God forbid we get some real cold WINTER weather. If we didn't it would be the sky is falling climate change. If we do, never mind that but we have to act like it's not normal.
My friend was delayed in Jersey yesterday morning flying home. Deicing 3 times. Took forever. The pilot came on to let them know what was going on and referred to it all as a phenomenon!! She is from Jersey and was like WTH is he talking about. Strangeness I tell ya. STRANGE!

Yep...completely blanked but for us east of the mountains we needed a complete pattern flush to give us a chance in the 2nd half of Feb. Patience going to be hard the next few weeks and our window to score is going to be small or it's a wait until next year.

View attachment 142734
IMG_6155.gif

And don’t you worry, the long range ensembles will be spitting out little light gray colors for us in the next week or two and everyone will be happy talking about how the pattern is trying to flip back and how much snow we’re going to get and analogs to 1980 and 1865 and four score and so on. I’m already over it Kylo

Back