• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

View attachment 142735

And don’t you worry, the long range ensembles will be spitting out little light gray colors for us in the next week or two and everyone will be happy talking about how the pattern is trying to flip back and how much snow we’re going to get and analogs to 1980 and 1865 and four score and so on. I’m already over it Kylo

We are back in the mode of checking ensembles and immediately checking the 300+ hour output hoping for hope. There is a good chance that Feb is a complete dud. 2018 was a nino and January was cold and snowy for us...it's been cold/snowy in the east now but we just missed out. Feb 2018 was a complete torch.

compday.Y8wka1Ly_H.gif

We are back in the mode of checking ensembles and immediately checking the 300+ hour output hoping for hope. There is a good chance that Feb is a complete dud. 2018 was a nino and January was cold and snowy for us...it's been cold/snowy in the east now but we just missed out. Feb 2018 was a complete torch.

View attachment 142736
As long as the mountains get active snow-wise around the 3rd week in February I’ll be content.

It certainly feels like it’s over though. I can count on both hands the number of times we’ve went into February on a hope and a prayer in the last 8 years hoping for something different but ending up stuck with the same pile of wet dog sh**.

View attachment 142736
I’m pretty sure 2017-2018 was a weak La Niña if I recall correctly.

View attachment 142736
Winter 2018 was a nina

I’m pretty sure 2017-2018 was a weak La Niña if I recall correctly.
Winter 2018 was a nina

Sorry, got confused it was 2019....but it's not any better. I just remembered having a nino where the Feb torched and off top of my head thought it was 18..but like you guys pointed out it was 19. Both Feb's sucked.

compday.7pcDnefvlI.gif

Sorry, got confused it was 2019....but it's not any better. I just remembered having a nino where the Feb torched and off top of my head thought it was 18..but like you guys pointed out it was 19. Both Feb's sucked.

View attachment 142737

I've beaten that horse, but I agree. I'm hoping somehow someway things change for February. But of course, tropical forcing never wants to cooperate. Mjo, says let's chill in the western pacific. Western hemisphere is for suckers...

1705503081072.png

View attachment 142737
I heard things were progressing along perfectly, as one would expect for a Nino.

This place has gotten insufferable and unreadable. I find myself at other boards more
It comes down to this. We are all in here because we love the weather. Our emotions are involved. But there ain't no way in hell we are going to roast February forever. We are going reel in a pattern like 2014 & 2015 again at some point. Our thoughts are skewed because of how much Winter has sucked with Feb. Screw a MJO, screw a la nina or el nino or el fabio. Bump a trough dropping to Mexico City. All we got is all we need! Let's go! WE WILL REEL IT IN DURING THE GREAT MONTH OF FEBRUARY AGAIN!!!

I've beaten that horse, but I agree. I'm hoping somehow someway things change for February. But of course, tropical forcing never wants to cooperate. Mjo, says let's chill in the western pacific. Western hemisphere is for suckers...

View attachment 142738
Remember how this looked just the other day? All this 'days upon days' of wallowing in phase-7? Well, that seems to be gone. Can now more easily transition into phase-8 much more quickly if the Jan 31st plot is to be believed. Could be in a low phase-8 in about 3 days...or CoD :)

Back