• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

I am confused...this is the Whammby thread. I thought this was a safe place we could come and playfully banter about how winter sucks or winter is great or about anything? Maybe we should delete this thread and just say no more complaining, if we want to whine and moan we can go pound sand and just leave this site for strictly technical analysis of weather.
No shot. Since the whamby thread was added 4-5 years ago it has definitely added to the fun. I remember when the whamby was first started we just got on here and talked sh** about each other lol. We have since honed in our focus on talking sh** about the weather. Which is good.

go
No shot. Since the whamby thread was added 4-5 years ago it has definitely added to the fun. I remember when the whamby was first started we just got on here and talked sh** about each other lol. We have since honed in our focus on talking sh** about the weather. Which is good.
Good times

I like the whamby thread, we can banter about how much winter sucks and everyone should know if it's posted in here it's "banter" and not take it too seriously. If someone isn't in the mood to read banter then don't read the thread.

Sucks so far,
gfs_asnow_seus_25.png

Buffalo is king.

Description​

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THURSDAY... WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. Storm totals could locally exceed 4 feet. The highest amounts will be in Erie county which is closer to the lakeshore. The lake band will move north across the Northtowns late this morning, reaching the Niagara County border early this afternoon. The band will begin to move southward back across Buffalo metro late afternoon and early evening. It will then move south of Buffalo tonight into Thursday morning, before shifting back north across the Buffalo metro area Thursday afternoon as it weakens and impacts areas closer the Lake Erie shore. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph will result in blowing and drifting snow, with near white- out conditions at times, especially this afternoon and evening.

Buffalo is king.

Description​

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THURSDAY... WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow. Additional snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. Storm totals could locally exceed 4 feet. The highest amounts will be in Erie county which is closer to the lakeshore. The lake band will move north across the Northtowns late this morning, reaching the Niagara County border early this afternoon. The band will begin to move southward back across Buffalo metro late afternoon and early evening. It will then move south of Buffalo tonight into Thursday morning, before shifting back north across the Buffalo metro area Thursday afternoon as it weakens and impacts areas closer the Lake Erie shore. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph will result in blowing and drifting snow, with near white- out conditions at times, especially this afternoon and evening.
I want to experience lake effect snow just once. It must be an amazing experience.

How many times does one need to complain though? It's crazy to me that people get on here and say the same negative thing multiple times a day on different threads day after day. Is there an expectation that complaining changes the models? I don't get it
i'm usually in this boat but the last couple of years or so have left me pretty frustrated. i get it.

joe giglio who is a radio host for the triangle (and probably has the best pulse on nc state athletics) puts it succinctly. the wolfpack are a grouchy fanbase and sometimes the only salve is the ball going in the hoop more. think it applies here.

obviously don't spam the boards with too much whining but like, last few years have been objectively terrible. i don't condone it but i get it

I want to experience lake effect snow just once. It must be an amazing experience.
Craziest I ever experienced was cold weather training in the Sierra Nevada where it started around mid morning and we had over 3 feet less than 36 hours later. I have never seen flakes that look like paper plates other than this event. We built snow caves for shelter and it was actually comfortable considering! Saw plenty of blizzards in Afghanistan and other training work ups but this event was insane with how quick it dumped that much......

Back