• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not but wanting 80s and 90s in Jan? That's just sick. Enjoy cool while you can!
Theirs is nothing enjoyable about clear and 31 mid noon right now. It’s absolutely miserable to be outside in this and I thank
God I’m not working outdoors right now. I feel for the people that are. Bring on the 60s and 70s baby

I don’t think the Charlotte area has seen more than an inch in all Februaries combined since 2015 correct me if I’m wrong
Just looking on webberweather.com there’s been several trace to 1” events but nothing remarkable since 2015 in the Charlotte region. I mean what’s the chances we make it 9 years in a row with out a decent storm?…right???

Last edited:
This is my home town. Let me tell ya ive seen a couple good snows there growing up. I get more here in Alabama but those folks in Florida deserve it
They deserve climo. That’s zilch. We deserve climo and that’s 3-5 inches of snow per winter, not a 2 year shutout

Good grief, whats up with the lack of snow in December ?
Haha...good point. But for Raleigh having 7 out of the past 9 Feb with less than 0.5" of snow is just pathetic. That historically has been our best month but not recently. That's why it's a bummer missing out on snow in January...odds are Feb isn't going to be good.

This tells the tale of the two sides of the mountains. A big reason why there's so much pain in this thread.

View attachment 142751
I know it's pattern related but damn it's just a kick in the ??.
I remember when being on the East side of the Apps actually did the opposite.
It's happened seemingly many times in my life.
I guess we are paying for all those times when we would get CAD storms and ppl to the West got rain.
?‍♂️

The belief is we (Raleigh) get most of our snow in February....well not the past 10 years. I am including this winter so hopefully this Feb balances that out. But. Feb's have sucked since 2015.

View attachment 142758
I can remember back to the early 70's.
Yeah I'm old...
I remember many more times of things blooming in Feb than us getting snow.
When I say us I mean GSP, Charlotte, & Raleigh NW of 85.
I'm hoping this season is an exception.
I will say that my wife's birthday is 2-16 and their was 2-4 years in a row that it snowed on her birthday can't remember the years but seems to be between 13-17

I don’t think the Charlotte area has seen more than an inch in all Februaries combined since 2015 correct me if I’m wrong
We’ve actually done better in March than February since 2015. Had a nice little 1 inch event one morning in March 2017 that melted by noon, and a few novelty events in March 2018 after the torching February. Got a dusting to 0.5 inch in February 2020, but that’s about it.

We’ve actually done better in March than February since 2015. Had a nice little 1 inch event one morning in March 2017 that melted by noon, and a few novelty events in March 2018 after the torching February. Got a dusting to 0.5 inch in February 2020, but that’s about it.
March 2nd is our snowiest day according to Brad?‍♂️?

It’s amazing that even though are not a lot of high mountains to the north and west of Atlanta, arctic air often struggles to make much progress. You would think there are 5,000’+ mountains blocking the cold air.

Back