• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

You can’t help but get that feeling in the Carolinas that we really blew it here on this one. Especially for those of us sitting below 85. North of 85 always has a shot into March. Feels like this one really is over. Gonna get snow holed in back to back systems here this week. I’ll be booking a ski trip up to Avery county sometime in the next couple weeks.

Yeah, losing January is a gut punch, especially with a raging -NAO that turned out to have a huge footnote regarding the crap location of the PV. I guess I'm reserved to trust somehow February will be different than the last 8. But in the back of my mind I'm just wondering will the cherry trees bloom February 1st, or 15th?

The NBM is completely empty of anything frozen for CAE through the whole run.

Think about that. Over 100 blended models and not even a 1% chance of 0.01 (trace) of anything Wintry. No sleet, zr, snow, nothing.

But we sure as Hell get into the single digits / teens from the weekend into next week.
That is completely ridiculous. Its unreal how much we suck.

We here on the East side of the Apps are disappointed,
Rightfully so !
Looking at the radar,
I think there's going to be some west of the Apps disappointed also.
The precip seems to be training in the same locales.
Being under a advisory/warning & getting nothing or just a cold sprinkle,
Is worse than never being in the game to begin with...
?‍♂️

Gfs of course shifts north for the fridays system thur night/fri system and gives much of the NC piedmont something which would mean north ga and sc will be the only ones left totally screwed. Even the panhandle of Florida will have us beat. And I'm sure that trend will continue because if there is one constant is the bad trends always verify around here.

Gfs of course shifts north for the fridays system thur night/fri system and gives much of the NC piedmont something which would mean north ga and sc will be the only ones left totally screwed. Even the panhandle of Florida will have us beat. And I'm sure that trend will continue because if there is one constant is the bad trends always verify around here.
Don’t worry…it ain’t snowing in the NC piedmont.

Don’t worry…it ain’t snowing in the NC piedmont.
I wouldn't say that. I've been thinking for a while you guys stand a ok shot of this over performing . Not saying it will be a lot but certainly not a bad chance to at least see something. The center of weather hell though will continue to live up to its reputation though. There might be a chance of a light freezing rain chance since Dewpoints will be low but depends on timing and how much precip there actually is. Hardly much to get excited about that is for sure.

Back