• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

It's absolutely amazing that when the NAM absolutely demolishes your little red dot on the map with 17.5 feet of pure white powder, the temps are always off by .2 degrees and you get nothing more than a flood of raindrops and your own tears. Yet, the moment it sniffs out a warm nose to the precise longitude and latitude in the map that destroys the 5-10 inches the globals have been consistently spitting out for 10+ plus days, it's so frickin precise you could use it to do blind heart surgery, and it completely wastes nearly an inch of high quality qpf in 25 or less degree weather in Alabama to nothing more than sleet, that's just melting in the streets due to latent heat release. Thanks NAM, Thanks

Last edited:
It's absolutely amazing that when the NAM absolutely demolishes your little red dot on the map with 17.5 feet of pure white powder, the temps are always off by .2 degrees and you get nothing more than a flood of raindrops and your own tears. Yet, the moment it sniffs out a warm nose to the precise longitude and latitude in the map that destroys the 5-10 inches the globals have been consistently spitting out for 10+ plus days, it's so frickin precise you use it to do blind heart surgery, and it completely wastes nearly an inch of high quality qpf in 25 or less degree weather in Alabama to nothing more than sleet, that's just melting in the streets due to latent heat release. Thanks NAM, Thanks
You nailed it. What a waste of a storm.

Outside my personal Feb 8 to 15 frame, it isn't possibly going to snow.

I'm sorry guys. The weather just isn't going to cooperate

Yet year after year, it's the same routine
And I grow so weary of the sound of screams…

(Obviously not the current map, but basically the same stupid thing). Hate.

34458a3546b67a11ebf0664fb15d43fa.png

Yet year after year, it's the same routine
And I grow so weary of the sound of screams…

(Obviously not the current map, but basically the same stupid thing). Hate.

34458a3546b67a11ebf0664fb15d43fa.png
Indeed, and it is stronger today than was forecast, much stronger. Temps approaching 70 along the fall line, getting close to 60 here. It really is a beautiful day out there.

Dubuque had its all time snowiest week of 24.8 “ last week, breaking the all time record previous set in 1985 and that. Was 19.4”
Nino above normal temps, below normal precip! ?

Small part of FL now with icing in the forecast, also supposed to get down to 17 tomorrow night!
Screenshot_20240115-150952_Chrome.jpg

That leaves just 1 southern state to be completely left out of this one...

What do we do for the next 3 weeks until winter returns. Track the guaranteed rainstorms coming through?
Just do what I do. Remain negative for winter weather here even when things look good. Don't ever believe it until maybe 48 hrs out and even then you better have every model on your side. If not the one showing no snow will be right, no matter which one it is. I get a lot of hate on here for being negative. But I'm not on here losing my mind today. You know why? Because it's not surprising at all to me and I expected it to happen. Just like Feb 2021, Dec 2022 and now this. That's 3 out of the last 4 legit cold patterns that didn't produce here. Jan 22 was the only one that did. While Feb may look ok at the moment, expect something to ruin it. We can already see talks of the Pac jet extending too much. Expect that to happen and you'll be surprised and happy if it doesn't and you get something.

Back