• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

The NBM is completely empty of anything frozen for CAE through the whole run.

Think about that. Over 100 blended models and not even a 1% chance of 0.01 (trace) of anything Wintry. No sleet, zr, snow, nothing.

But we sure as Hell get into the single digits / teens from the weekend into next week.

Only one thing wrong with this picture is it's the CFS!
prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

I had a dream last night I was forecast for rain and a surprise blizzard came and I was outside with my phone frolicking around videoing all of the snow and wind I was getting. This went on for what seemed like all night.

I think I need some serious help. I might check myself into the behavioral health center this afternoon. I’m sick.

Only one thing wrong with this picture is it's the CFS!
prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png
Yeah I saw that. Usually will post it myself, but seen the fantasy setups too many times to think something like it is doable anymore. I guess in a positive way of thinking, the models still think it's possible to snow east of the mountains; so maybe eventually we will get lucky.

Either heading up to Boone on Wednesday (for two days) or this weekend. If we go up on Friday, the wife wants the family to go sledding at Beech. Not sure I want to do that:

Thursday Night
Snow showers likely, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
A 40 percent chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Blustery.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Blustery.
Saturday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Blustery.
Saturday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 2. Blustery.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 24.

You can’t help but get that feeling in the Carolinas that we really blew it here on this one. Especially for those of us sitting below 85. North of 85 always has a shot into March. Feels like this one really is over. Gonna get snow holed in back to back systems here this week. I’ll be booking a ski trip up to Avery county sometime in the next couple weeks.

You can’t help but get that feeling in the Carolinas that we really blew it here on this one. Especially for those of us sitting below 85. North of 85 always has a shot into March. Feels like this one really is over. Gonna get snow holed in back to back systems here this week. I’ll be booking a ski trip up to Avery county sometime in the next couple weeks.
Central NC/SC folks realizing winter could be over...

simpsons-bart-simpson.gif

Back