• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter Weather Support Group

You are right. Because at least they won a couple games. Most of us got a goose egg last year and working on another shutout this year.

I love to joke and complain as much as anyone, but as I've said in another post, this winter has felt like winter.

• I have not recorded a temperature above 66F since November
  • Average high of 55.9 and low of 37.6 in December
  • Enough rain to declare the drought just about over
  • 21 nights below freezing so far this fall and winter season
  • Average high of 47.5F and an average low of 30.7 through one quarter of January

Now the only thing missing is a significant winter storm, but based on the past five years, this is pretty damn good so far.

Edit: I keep having to edit this post. Temps are plummeting tonight for some reason, already at 32F here, thus making this day another to hit the freezing mark.

Last edited:
I love to joke and complain as much as anyone, but as I've said in another post, this winter has felt like winter.

• 20 nights below freezing so far this fall and winter season
  • Average high of 47.5F and an average low of 30.9 through one quarter of January

Now the only thing missing is a significant winter storm, but based on the past five years, this is pretty damn good so far.

Yeah I mean I've seen 70s and been wearing shorts on Christmas before. I've seen killer tornado outbreaks this time of year it could be way worse

In Greensboro we are Below Normal temp wise for the met winter. And probably like a 1000%+ on precip. One snow an like everyone else below 2500feet we will hit climo seasonal avg. This is a normal winter by every metric

• 20 nights below freezing so far this fall and winter season
  • Average high of 47.5F and an average low of 30.9 through one quarter of January

This.

While I'm disappointed (like most everyone else) there hasn't been any frozen stuff so far, it has been VERY nice actually having some sustained cool to cold weather for a change. It's not like we're talking mega cold here, many haven't even seen sub 20 yet (including me). The past few winter's have been chocked full of 60 s and even 70s and struggling to get more than few nights at a time below freezing. Many of us have been in the 20s more than not over past couple of weeks and no ridiculous 70s for highs. It's nice to be close to average or even a couple degrees below for a change. Without it we wouldn't have even had a chance with those two systems last week.

I've said it before, but all these "if it's not going to snow I'd rather it be 70" posts are just hard to understand. We live in a warm and often hot part of the country and we only have a short window of actual chilly weather, and an even shorter window for snow. If you get get 60s and 70s all "winter" you will never see snow again. Ever. It has to be cold to have chances for snow. Obviously cold is no guarantee, but the more time we get with cold the more chances we'll have. It's kinda like saying you are deperate for rain but then complain when it's cloudy. If it's never cloudy you're never going to see rain.

Hopefully we'll all get some snow we can enjoy this year. If we don't, I'll be very disappointed like the rest of you, but I'll still be enjoying the "colder" weather. We'll have warmth, humidity, weeds, pollen, and bugs back soon enough.

This.

While I'm disappointed (like most everyone else) there hasn't been any frozen stuff so far, it has been VERY nice actually having some sustained cool to cold weather for a change. It's not like we're talking mega cold here, many haven't even seen sub 20 yet (including me). The past few winter's have been chocked full of 60 s and even 70s and struggling to get more than few nights at a time below freezing. Many of us have been in the 20s more than not over past couple of weeks and no ridiculous 70s for highs. It's nice to be close to average or even a couple degrees below for a change. Without it we wouldn't have even had a chance with those two systems last week.

I've said it before, but all these "if it's not going to snow I'd rather it be 70" posts are just hard to understand. We live in a warm and often hot part of the country and we only have a short window of actual chilly weather, and an even shorter window for snow. If you get get 60s and 70s all "winter" you will never see snow again. Ever. It has to be cold to have chances for snow. Obviously cold is no guarantee, but the more time we get with cold the more chances we'll have. It's kinda like saying you are deperate for rain but then complain when it's cloudy. If it's never cloudy you're never going to see rain.

Hopefully we'll all get some snow we can enjoy this year. If we don't, I'll be very disappointed like the rest of you, but I'll still be enjoying the "colder" weather. We'll have warmth, humidity, weeds, pollen, and bugs back soon enough.

Yup people have short memories here... It wasn't that long ago it was a heat index of 115+ everyday and zero rain for weeks and it'll be back way too soon...

And yeah don't even get me started on the bugs.... Good riddance

At least we're not NYC... 694 days without an inch of snow and they have way better climo than most people on this board

Back