• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

I want some of that that dude is smoking. Seriously .
Like I said, I think that’s more for the higher elevations just west of Asheville than near the city itself. That said, it’s not out of the realm of possibility for the city itself to get in the 30-40” range in a strong El Niño. Both ‘92-93 and ‘97-98 gave them that much… both years had two big storms late in the season

Griteater’s Winter Outlook (23-24)

After a 2 year hiatus, I am so back with a winter outlook. I look at this crap way too much in the offseason to not put together some type of outlook.

Link to PDF:

Good job griteater. Hopefully it ends up colder than what you or most people believe. Lots of moving parts to winter for sure

CFS Ends Nov and starts Dec with full on winter. Shows this year is gonna be Noreaster Heavy. I am all in on countless Noreasters. This should yield a couple of good shots sometime during the winter for a good Coastal for all the eastern SC/NC folks, perhaps a Big Dog will be in the cards at some point.

prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

The wrap around potential alone on backside of storms that have BL issues for ski areas will be plentiful in this el nino pattern. Want be seeing a lot of out to sea, but east coast riders me thinks.

Back