• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Discussion 2023/24

Updated CanSIPS

cansips_apcpna_month_us_5.png

cansips_apcpna_month_us_4.png

cansips_apcpna_month_us_3.png

cansips_apcpna_month_us_2.png

IDk, November looks dry for the 1st half so it for the CanSIP to be right the 2nd half better bring the rain.
Looks very dry, I would be on the lookout for forest fires soon. Already a couple up here in VA. My Weather Analysis professor mentioned that the Gatlinburg area is drier now than it was before the 2016 fires.

I'm still pretty confident in the possibility of a window of opportunity in December. Once we get into the middle of this month we need to start looking at the indices and teleconnections and LR model runs.

Looks very dry, I would be on the lookout for forest fires soon. Already a couple up here in VA. My Weather Analysis professor mentioned that the Gatlinburg area is drier now than it was before the 2016 fires.
There is a 1400 acre fire atop Lookout Mountain that broke containment yesterday. It has caused smoke into Chattanooga. Luckily the winds look relatively calm the next few days.

There is a 1400 acre fire atop Lookout Mountain that broke containment yesterday. It has caused smoke into Chattanooga. Luckily the winds look relatively calm the next few days.
There’s a plume of smoke showing on satellite from that one and one in Henderson County,NC

Back