• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Whew thought I was gonna miss out on a storm the 13th-14th. Gotta head down to Brunswick Nuclear next week for 5 weeks(wilmington). But I'm not gonna miss a flake thank goodness!

@SD I think it's length and duration of cold events. Outside of 2018 our cold shots are a.couple.days with warm ups inbetween. Seems the warehouse got cold and stayed cold because the longer it stayed cold the colder the thick concrete floor and walls retained that cold air.....basically turned us into a cooler. Some days it would be 60 or 70 outside sure but the warehouse always stayed cold until spring. We haven't been seeing sustained cold spells it seems recently.

@SD I think it's length and duration of cold events. Outside of 2018 our cold shots are a.couple.days with warm ups inbetween. Seems the warehouse got cold and stayed cold because the longer it stayed cold the colder the thick concrete floor and walls retained that cold air.....basically turned us into a cooler. Some days it would be 60 or 70 outside sure but the warehouse always stayed cold until spring. We haven't been seeing sustained cold spells it seems recently.
Yeah I can agree it certainly seems that way but I'm not sure how much of that is us remembering the cold more than warm or it's really true. I'm not here to start a GW debate but our averages for winter went up so some warming has taken place but I do think we are far more likely to remember it being 35/15 than 58/31

Somewhere in the CA mountains....ens mean average 124"

Fl1otn8WYAQWj4o

Last edited:
Back