• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Its tough to uproot kids or a wife when there is family in proximity. The whole snow thing around here is just a waste of mental capacity. We live in the south, if we want to see snow we can all do like you do and just fly somewhere that has it every winter. I usually go to Colorado once or twice a year. This year I'm going to Steamboat, CO and Stowe, VT, though the northeast is lacking in the snow department thus far.
I had a trip planned for NE (New England, not Nebraska) last year and had to change things last minute due to no snow. I had to eat the cost of plane tickets but I was able to cancel everything else and go out west. Did the same trip this year and luckily there was enough snow to do the things I wanted to do with my kids. I'm going to West Yellowstone the 17th - 24th with a buddy. So incredibly excited. This will be the 4th time in 5 winters that I've been. It is such an amazing place. Probably my favorite place that I've ever visited

That sounds like an amazing trip to look forward to! I haven't been to Yellowstone yet, and I was hoping to go to Big Sky this year, but the group landed on Steamboat. Are you flying into Bozeman?

Winter weather really sparse in the East. Just a WWA from the Northern Blue Ridge in Virginia to the mountains of WV to a few counties in far NW NC.

Whose got cabin recommendations for next weekend in the mountains haha. I doubt I’ll actually go but it’s fun to imagine where to post up at

Whose got cabin recommendations for next weekend in the mountains haha. I doubt I’ll actually go but it’s fun to imagine where to post up at
I grabbed a room at Beech. Free cancellation til Friday so if it goes to ? I’ll just bail

Always a sure bet though. If anyone sees snow it’s higher elevations in Avery. Plus I’m going to ski so all is not lost either way.

All front loaded winter this year is all I heard last fall with this 3rd year la nina. It's looking like it's going to be the exact opposite as usual. How could February be any worse than what January has been so far and is looking like through at least Jan 20th.

It could definitely be a lot worse. The ridge anomaly that's to our north in January could easily end up being centered over the SE US in Feb.

Back