• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Going to start this in February. Feel any better or is it a waste of time?
Day1-5 was awful, headaches, poops and angry. Couldn't sleep, Last 2 days have been better., Slept great last night and I feel like I have more energy. I start the gym tomorrow. I haven't changed my eating habits besides cutting sugar but so far I've lose 3 Ibs in a week.

Day1-5 was awful, headaches, poops and angry. Couldn't sleep, Last 2 days have been better., Slept great last night and I feel like I have more energy. I start the gym tomorrow. I haven't changed my eating habits besides cutting sugar but so far I've lose 300 Ibs in a week.
Nice! Thats a world record!

I'm willing to bet this January is #1 warmest in Atlanta's history. No way we are erasing these 60's and 70's for highs and 40's for lows. Surely going to hit 66 today. 75 looks probable for tomorrow. 45 is the lowest both days. Crazy April in January.

I'm willing to bet this January is #1 warmest in Atlanta's history. No way we are erasing these 60's and 70's for highs and 40's for lows. Surely going to hit 66 today. 75 looks probable for tomorrow. 45 is the lowest both days. Crazy April in January.
You must not be located in Fayetteville then.

Screenshot_20230109_110459.jpg

Looks like we’re there or close so far

Looks like we’re there or close so far

When reality smacks us in the face....but the writing seems to be on the wall. Feb ain't pretty in nina's and we all know that. Maybe we fluke something last week of January.

66 today in Atlanta ? The forecast is 52. Forecast is 59 tomorrow, not 75.

I just did a post on this in the January thread. KATL would be on pace to be the second warmest through the forecasted temps of the 23rd. I researched the top 6 or 8 warmest January's on record. There are some pretty warm ones in the early 20th century.

I just did a post on this in the January thread. KATL would be on pace to be the second warmest through the forecasted temps of the 23rd. I researched the top 6 or 8 warmest January's on record. There are some pretty warm ones in the early 20th century.
That is very interesting. At least half of the GEFS individual members are showing a strong southeast ridge at hour 270. The late January cool down may not materialize. This will help make this January number 1? At least we'll be winning at something, right?

66 today in Atlanta ? The forecast is 52. Forecast is 59 tomorrow, not 75.
Highs have been running, consistently, 10 degrees warmer than forecast in Atlanta and south of I-20. I don't know why, but I would go with persistence since nothing really has changed with the air mass. Looking at the surrounding reporting stations and I'm already seeing 55 to 57 in UHI favored areas. Since the official recording is at Hartsfield Jackson, it's possible they make it into the 60's today. tomorrow's 59 would translate to near 70. 75 would be an outlier, for sure. It's full sun so maybe that's why?

A9C732CA-3C29-4EB9-91E6-55CF46748A3E.png
Thank god I’m in Kentucky when this system comes through. Backside light snow will be banging

I’m counting my blessings that I got over 2 inches of snow with the 2 systems Christmas week. I knew going into this winter for middle Tennessee it was going to be about an 80% chance of seeing 3 inches or less of snow this winter. I base this off of the averages of getting 3 winter’s in a row with big snow totals and the chances are slim to none. Since I’ve lived here in 2006 I’ve never had 3 winters in a row where at least 5 inches of snow has fallen. Of course it has happened a number of times but that was way back in the 60s 70s and maybe some years in the 80s.

Snow totals last 3 winters.
2021- 12.5 inches
2022- 19.5 inches
2023- 2.25 inches

If I can somehow get another 2.75 inches of snow this season I can experience 3 winters in a row like they got in the old days. It’s going to be hard though with this ---- pattern we are in and no end in site. February is actually my snowiest month though so who knows. Who’s up for a Fab Feb winter miracle?
I'm thinking your area is starting to look better for 1/24 to 1/31. Nashville is probably going to be my chase target later this month, if the pattern produces an upper south snow storm. I think you have a small chance at getting at least 5" of snow before the end of January.

Back