• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Finally! People are accepting the reality that many of us have known since the last week in December. If you lose January in the SE in a la nina, winter is closed.

all beg to differ around here and thats just looking at March, if you bring in the last 2 weeks of Feb its even more

240hr Euro is setting up for a Wedge event in the 280-300 hr time frame, imo. Doesn't mean anything, but it adds support to the GFS/GEFS showing the potential for a CAD setup of some sort. Would like to see the EPS trend that way.

View attachment 130752View attachment 130753

A possible storm 300 hours out?

Oh boy, wonder if I've heard that one before

Just think, 4 months from now 80s for highs become normal across much of the SE and pools are opening, it’s closer then we think, it’s coming fast. Avg highs in the 70s only 2.5 months from today. Spring and summer is quickly approaching

Just think, 4 months from now 80s for highs become normal across much of the SE and pools are opening, it’s closer then we think, it’s coming fast. Avg highs in the 70s only 2.5 months from today. Spring and summer is quickly approaching
---- it’s weeks away down here. Can’t wait!

You're right. Seems like just yesterday it was Thanksgiving and that was 2 months ago. Time goes by quick.

There are some sick people on this site, lol. How can someone living in the SE, where we already get spring and summer weather for 7 to 8 months of the year, where we get maybe 3 to 4 months of "fallish" weather with a couple of smatterings of winter like weather, where we are already experiencing one of our warmest Januarys ever, already be wishing for even more spring and summer weather?
I mean there's not too many places around where you can escape the "cold" if you can't do it here. South Florida maybe? You can have your 12 months of heat, humidity, allergies, weeds, bugs, grass cutting, sweating, etc there if that's really your bag.

There are some sick people on this site, lol. How can someone living in the SE, where we already get spring and summer weather for 7 to 8 months of the year, where we get maybe 3 to 4 months of "fallish" weather with a couple of smatterings of winter like weather, where we are already experiencing one of our warmest Januarys ever, already be wishing for even more spring and summer weather?
I mean there's not too many places around where you can escape the "cold" if you can't do it here. South Florida maybe? You can have your 12 months of heat, humidity, allergies, weeds, bugs, grass cutting, sweating, etc there if that's really your bag.
Believe it or not most people love the heat. Why do you think people are flocking to Florida in droves ?

I would take cold if we could get snow or sleet with it. But what are single digit temps and bone dry good for. We almost had a major disaster at Christmas because it was so cold. We do not need those kinds of temps ever again.

Edit: it can happen in the summer too if it gets too hot and would be much worse then.

Some people like being outdoors and doing outdoor activities in the summer like swimming, car meets, beach time and other fun summertime activities. Not everyone wants cold or wants what you want. I mean there’s a huge reason why you see lots of people out and about during the summer and not now/winter

Back