• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Just think, 4 months from now 80s for highs become normal across much of the SE and pools are opening, it’s closer then we think, it’s coming fast. Avg highs in the 70s only 2.5 months from today. Spring and summer is quickly approaching
I'm hoping our neighborhood pool opens in February this year.

Some people like being outdoors and doing outdoor activities in the summer like swimming, car meets, beach time and other fun summertime activities. Not everyone wants cold or wants what you want. I mean there’s a huge reason why you see lots of people out and about during the summer and not now/winter
Exactly and if people likes winter that well, then they are in the wrong place in the SE they need to move up North. Only thing you can do in the cold is sit in the house in front of TV drinking Coffee. Now I do like to see a snow or 2 here but if we don't get one and it's just gonna be Cold and Dry or Cold rain then I just assume for it to be spring/Summer

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Some people like being outdoors and doing outdoor activities in the summer like swimming, car meets, beach time and other fun summertime activities. Not everyone wants cold or wants what you want. I mean there’s a huge reason why you see lots of people out and about during the summer and not now/winter
I mean that's fine and all, but in this part of the country we already have a very long spring and summer to do all that. It's not like there aren't plenty of hot days throughout the year; complaining because its not hot enough during the few short months of fall winter that we do get is like people in MN complaining they want more cold in July. Heck, half this month has been in the 60s; if it weren't for all the rain that is perfect for any outdoor activity but swimming. I'm just wanting some seasonal weather for our short winter, you're wanting more of what we already have plenty of. You have a right to it, but if it's too cold for you here I don't know what to say.
Exactly and if people likes winter that well, then they are in the wrong place in the SE they need to move up North. Only thing you can do in the cold is sit in the house in front of TV drinking Coffee. Now I do like to see a snow or 2 here but if we don't get one and it's just gonna be Cold and Dry or Cold rain then I just assume for it to be spring/Summer

I've said many times I have no desire for upper Midwest type weather, I just want some winter weather that reflects our "normals" for our area. Our "cold" is just child's play, including the cold we had over Christmas. I for one enjoyed it very much and found lots to do beside "sit in the house in front of the TV drinking coffee" (i don't even drink coffee :). I would much rather be outside during our fall and winter months than during the heat, humidity, and bugginess of the summer. I love the snow and wish we got more of it; but I love the cooler months even more. If it's not going to snow; I'll still take all the cool/"cold" I can get. There's more than enough heat and humidity throughout the rest of the year.

I mean that's fine and all, but in this part of the country we already have a very long spring and summer to do all that. It's not like there aren't plenty of hot days throughout the year; complaining because its not hot enough during the few short months of fall winter that we do get is like people in MN complaining they want more cold in July. Heck, half this month has been in the 60s; if it weren't for all the rain that is perfect for any outdoor activity but swimming. I'm just wanting some seasonal weather for our short winter, you're wanting more of what we already have plenty of. You have a right to it, but if it's too cold for you here I don't know what to say.

I've said many times I have no desire for upper Midwest type weather, I just want some winter weather that reflects our "normals" for our area. Our "cold" is just child's play, including the cold we had over Christmas. I for one enjoyed it very much and found lots to do beside "sit in the house in front of the TV drinking coffee" (i don't even drink coffee :). I would much rather be outside during our fall and winter months than during the heat, humidity, and bugginess of the summer. I love the snow and wish we got more of it; but I love the cooler months even more. If it's not going to snow; I'll still take all the cool/"cold" I can get. There's more than enough heat and humidity throughout the rest of the year.
I ? some iceagewhereartthou

I Love being outside when it's 30-40 degree's. Absolutely despise having to do anything outside when it's 90+degrees with high humidity. Not sure how anyone can think Summertime is better for outdoor activity than winter here.
Gnats flying around, sweating in 5 seconds, weeds in the flower beds, huge AC bills, yeah awesome

I Love being outside when it's 30-40 degree's. Absolutely despise having to do anything outside when it's 90+degrees with high humidity. Not sure how anyone can think Summertime is better for outdoor activity than winter here.
Well you have open heart surgery like I have then come back and tell me you like cold better than hot. You would change your mind Quick!

I do like cold to and extent and like one good snow or 2 but after that I'm ready for spring and summer. If it gets below 45° I can't handle it to stay outside

Well you have open heart surgery like I have then come back and tell me you like cold better than hot. You would change your mind Quick!

I do like cold to and extent and like one good snow or 2 but after that I'm ready for spring and summer. If it gets below 45° I can't handle it to stay outside

I used to work in a post surgical rehab hospital; lots of cardiac bypass, hip and knee replacement patients. Cardiac surgery is a tough recovery, I am glad you made it through and are kicking on the other side!

To me the weather here really sucks. It's usually too cold in winter (but never snows of course) to really enjoy outside, not this winter of course. And way too miserable in the summer to be outside. So spring and fall it is for me.

My goal about 15 years from now is retire and have a house here and up north somewhere. Maybe in the great lakes somewhere. That way I can spend spring and fall here. Then spend summer up there where the summers are able to be enjoyed for what they are and escape this miserable heat and humidity. Naturally I'd spend winter up there because I love snow and it actually snows up there and isn't wasted useless cold like here.

Hope you are doing better since your surgery.

Back