• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-2022 predictions

I wish I could find the link to the NC Climate Office study about the faborable patterns for snow in the Triangle. I know we have had the most favorable pattern a couple of times the last few years and didn't get squat.

No matter what we think about it, I think this Winter will be the one where we all start considering global warming a bit more seriously than we previously had.

I've pretty much lost all expectations the last few years. It just doesn't seem to want to snow anymore in the Carolina Piedmont for whatever reason.

No matter what we think about it, I think this Winter will be the one where we all start considering global warming a bit more seriously than we previously had.

I've pretty much lost all expectations the last few years. It just doesn't seem to want to snow anymore in the Car for whatever reason.
Fixed

I wish I could find the link to the NC Climate Office study about the faborable patterns for snow in the Triangle. I know we have had the most favorable pattern a couple of times the last few years and didn't get squat.
Remember , if we are ever under a slight chance, or some sort of advisory , or in a statistically favorable pattern … it will never ever possibly work for us . Remember ! It has to always sneak up on us .

Did I use your logic properly?

Remember , if we are ever under a slight chance, or some sort of advisory , or in a statistically favorable pattern … it will never ever possibly work for us . Remember ! It has to always sneak up on us .

Did I use your logic properly?

That only happens with storms. And if you go back the last 10 years you will actually see that my area does get more storms when I am not under any kind of watch and better storms when there is less hype about severe weather than when there is.

I am a total amateur weather nerd, I freely admit that. I know all the models, etc, aren’t showing much for the south as a whole anytime soon. But since we’re basically all just guessing at the moment (haha!) I thought I’d add my prediction, just for posterity (and probably eventual mockery ?). But, I’ve got to say - I’ve seen really strange bird migration behavior here in N. Georgia - we had our entire front yard *full* of literally (cuz I counted) 40+ robins a few days ago - I have never seen that in the 16+ years I’ve lived here. We usually have robins all year long, but I’ve never seen so very many at once, especially this time of year. My hummingbirds are fighting over the feeders even more than usual, about 2-3 weeks earlier than they usually freak out. My cats and dog are shedding like you wouldn’t believe, about a month before they usually do. We had a few days of the typical orb weaver spider invasion we see every fall, but they’ve largely all gone away, already. There’s been a lot of earthquakes recently, at least it seems so to me (totally unscientific observation, I’ll admit), and I do think that’s somehow connected to weather. So, if I had to just instinctively guess, I’m thinking front loaded cold here where I am in N. Georgia. Maybe not a lot of snow, but it’s going to be cold, and early. And I still believe we are way overdue for a major ice storm here, so I’ll leave that on the table. Again - this is all just a guess, and I try to stay quiet and listen to the experts when things are actually interesting. But thought it might be ok to throw my random thoughts out there right now. Love learning from all you guys, btw! :)

Back