• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2019-20 Discussion

I’m exaggerating a little, but they always look pretty good. In fact they looked not only pretty good but fantastic last winter. I mean historically fantastic. That’s why they’re largely meaningless to me. They unfortunately have a cold E US bias due to too much troughing over the E US and too much ridging out west. I remain pessimistic about anything other than still another mild winter though one not as ridiculously mild as last winter would seemingly be likely just based on stats.
Smart play! And I agree.

There really isn’t any reason people in AL and east GA shouldn’t be optimistic concerning winter considering the past ten years.

Between 2010 and 2015, Huntsville saw a total of ~30" of snow. Since then, a total of 0.8 inches. So not optimistic at all considering the past five years.

I'm hoping for warm and dry with some stretches of torch in there. It was great to have truly good pool and beach weather in December, January and February last winter. I lived up north for over 30 years and not interested in any more soul crushing cold or snow.

I'm hoping for warm and dry with some stretches of torch in there. It was great to have truly good pool and beach weather in December, January and February last winter. I lived up north for over 30 years and not interested in any more soul crushing cold or snow.
You have come to the wrong place then. Winter haters are in the vast minority here.

559A0481-11AB-4267-B8C2-A8146450DD6E.gif

source.gif

Most of us love anything from snow to Hurricanes to severe weather or just sunny beach weather, this is a weather forum so if this is what you like than I'm happy for you.

You have come to the wrong place then. Winter haters are in the vast minority here.

I know, and I won't provoke you all :) Just saying, if you have lived through a few (or 30+ in my case) real winters and the polar vortex and you'd feel the same. Moving to CHS has dramatically changed my life for the better without endless cold, snow and gray, and then abnormally cool Springs well into June.

I know, and I won't provoke you all :) Just saying, if you have lived through a few (or 30+ in my case) real winters and the polar vortex and you'd feel the same. Moving to CHS has dramatically changed my life for the better without endless cold, snow and gray, and then abnormally cool Springs well into June.
I think a lot of southerners like the snow because its such a novelty. You get a whole new perspective when it becomes a part of your daily life. When you see snow all the time, its just not as much fun IMO.

Why wish it dry though? South Carolina still has a large number of farms that depend on precip. I don't get the love for droughts.

66a76b0e18e7773903a4806cd767fc22.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. In all seriousness, does anyone know what type of pattern we need to take shape for us to get excited about upcoming winter? Last winter started real early, but soon changed dramatically to warmer regime.

Back