• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2018-19 Discussion

I don’t know what the hell happened in December of 1963 . But from what Webber and others have posted , if J.B. nails this I will 100 percent slosh in the Tub with him because the general theme from most is December will be above normal temp wise

I don’t know what the hell happened in December of 1963 . But from what Webber and others have posted , if J.B. nails this I will 100 percent slosh in the Tub with him because the general theme from most is December will be above normal temp wise
Well, last Dec was above normal in Atlanta and some areas had an epic snowstorm.

8CB22C0B-2423-41F8-A5D4-7025BD5E54AD.png Backend loaded winter for Phil. Congrats. Everyone else can break out the sunscreen. In all seriousness though how is a tool like the NMME useful when it just shows 99.9% of the northern hemisphere on fire. There must be something useful to gain from this map. What is it?

I looked up December 1963, and I found this:
12311963_snow.png

12311963_snow.png
Only 2” for me? Toss

Bet I can show you exactly where the high pressure was for this one. I’d like to know how much rain fell in MBY before the backend flurries started. I bet it was brutal

12311963_snow.png
There was also a Major Storm for parts of Northwest MS and Memphis before Christmas that year. I believe I found a report a couple days ago that stated there was still 10 inches of snow on the ground for Memphis, Christmas Day.

87 still has to be the most painful winter for RDU. Missing back to back mid-Jan winter storms by 20-30 miles. Feb made up for it but still missing 10-15 of snow by that close.

Yeah this is what I was getting at a few weeks ago, don't get me wrong 86-87 was still a great winter, but that's a common theme you see throughout many (certainly not all) El Nino winters in the historical record. The chances that the Triad cashes in more than RDU (relative to the average of 2-3" or so) is higher than normal during El Nino.

Back