• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

Euro and Canadian are a good 12- 18 hrs faster with GOM LF than American suite , espacilly GFS.

That slow down and almost stall before the turn toward the NE in Northern Georgia is very worrisome for flooding IMO. Not to mention the enhancement you’ll have from the higher elevations.
I agree, hopefully all the moisture stays on the west side for you mountain boys. Local mets around here show the heavy stuff stays towards Augusta-Athens to Clemson.

Maybe the only thing that might help is that most of the rainfall will be on the west side so hopefully you mountain boys wi

I agree, hopefully all the moisture stays on the west side for you mountain boys. Local mets around here show the heavy stuff stays towards Augusta-Athens to Clemson.
Going to be interesting. Looks like quite a bit of rain is going to fall from overall tropical airmass and stalled front before Fred even makes his appearance.

GFS not excited and again really doesn't get the remnant moisture north of the GOM. I don't buy it but also I think we're at a point models are gonna struggle until (if) convection starts firing again and we get a better organized system. Basically back to a situation where models won't have a clue until we have an actual system developed

GFS not excited and again really doesn't get the remnant moisture north of the GOM. I don't buy it but also I think we're at a point models are gonna struggle until (if) convection starts firing again and we get a better organized system. Basically back to a situation where models won't have a clue until we have an actual system developed
Yeah the gfs basically pulls it apart and sends what's left WSW toward Nola then the Texas coast. I think for us the moisture plume may end up being the biggest factor especially if the system progresses up the apps. We should have a nice deep flow off the Atlantic next week

The combination of that negatively tilted upper level low in the Gulf and Fred creates a pretty extreme convergence zone for SE Florida that’s likely to squeeze historical rainfall amounts. This happens with developing waves. They blow-up these extreme thunderstorms with non-stop, earth shaking thunder and lightening for a period of 4-6 hours, particularly during the overnight hours. The models are depicting a 12 hour period of heavy thunderstorms, and there's going to be at least 8-12" just from that. This isn't even including the small-scale storms and complexes that will likely form as Fred approaches.

Back