• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

Fred is almost dead on the GFS, tries to get something weak going in GOM and then the moisture never really makes it north. Still looks moderately wet next week (especially higher terrain) but less than previous run and from the overall pattern not Fred
Canadian is similar to the icon... model fight!!!!

12z HWRF running and it takes through big island, looses it...then WNW and strengthens is. HR 66 (latest hr avail) 6z sat moving WNW toward Miami.

Inkedhwrf_mslp_uv850_06L_23_LI.jpg

Wow Euro has Fred just sitting and dying over NCView attachment 87968
Yeah we literally posted that at the exact same time lol. Deleted my post but dang that would be problematic, tropical remnants for days would probably yield even more than those totals

edit: although there are some 18" bullseyes in there :oops:

Stupid thing has a nice blowup of convection right over the LLC as it was finally making LF on southern shore of DR. And probably my eyes playing tricks on me but the last frame or two of vis almost looks like it's feeling a tug north like Levi mentioned in his video, hmmm

Stupid thing has a nice blowup of convection right over the LLC as it was finally making LF on southern shore of DR. And probably my eyes playing tricks on me but the last frame or two of vis almost looks like it's feeling a tug north like Levi mentioned in his video, hmmm
I see what you are seeing...I still think, its kind of moving more westerly on the southern coast.

Yeah we literally posted that at the exact same time lol. Deleted my post but dang that would be problematic, tropical remnants for days would probably yield even more than those totals

edit: although there are some 18" bullseyes in there :oops:
There was a 21.35 in Orange County. Crazy. Like you said the other day we might be tired of rain by the end of August but it's hard to trap a system at our latitude like that so I'm skeptical. I think the better idea is that is continues to our north and we are left with a residual surface trough and daily storms.

Back