• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

This thing is about to move right over Hispaniola, good luck with that Fred
Bold strategy. With as weird and disjointed as this thing looks you have to wonder if it will be as hurt. It also looks like once it emerges and starts approaching the keys it gets into a better environment for some strengthening

Bold strategy. With as weird and disjointed as this thing looks you have to wonder if it will be as hurt. It also looks like once it emerges and starts approaching the keys it gets into a better environment for some strengthening
Very true but I've also seen so many storms struggle to ever regain much strength after crossing those mountains. I'm not suggesting it doesn't survive at all, just think it will take it's toll on it and intensity forecast are almost useless until we see what shape it's in after emergence.

Very true but I've also seen so many storms struggle to ever regain much strength after crossing those mountains. I'm not suggesting it doesn't survive at all, just think it will take it's toll on it and intensity forecast are almost useless until we see what shape it's in after emergence.
Agreed. I just wonder if the mass to the SE of the LLC is the MLC and we eventually see the current LLC die in the mountains with a new center closer to the mass of convection.

Agreed. I just wonder if the mass to the SE of the LLC is the MLC and we eventually see the current LLC die in the mountains with a new center closer to the mass of convection.
Now that is something highly probably, b/c on first few frames of visible the LLC looks decent and is about to get shredded lol

Reactions: SD
Euro has an ok look at H3 with pretty light winds. If Fred was over the open waters of EGOM, I would imagine he could get to a strong TS, maybe a weak H

I could be wrong.....but This might have more southern route in it for a bit. That ridge is pretty stout to its north. We might see more westerly motion for a shorter term. Land interaction might play tricks with it as well though.

wg8dlm1.gif

The trade winds are still coming in from NE to SW where you see the arrows. I think this might have a hard time (in the short term) of gaining that much latitude.

sat 1 fred.gif

The trade winds are still coming in from NE to SW where you see the arrows. I think this might have a hard time (in the short term) of gaining that much latitude.

View attachment 87938
12Z guidance agrees. Fred is going to have to be a mountain goat to survive the next 48 hours.
1628693536098.png

Looks like it's almost due west atm along south shore of DR, if this thing slides SW and finds a way to jog around those mountains instead of directly over, I quit. Lol
Yeah, at the the very least it looks like it’s going to go over the most narrow part of the island which is also flattest part as well

Icon is well right at 12z runs basically up through Fl. It actually has the 500mb reflection all most off the FL east coast
Yeah wouldn’t be too surprised if a huge thunderstorm blob relocated the center east of cuba and that’s what runs into Florida without having time to enter the gulf. Would be fairly weak and just a rain maker for the south East … watch out though ICON has the next one right on its heels ready and primed for mischief

Yeah, at the the very least it looks like it’s going to go over the most narrow part of the island which is also flattest part as well
It would have to move due north right now to move over that section, it's more likely at this point to move right over the center of the Island. Pico Duarte (over 10k ft) right in it's path.

Fred is almost dead on the GFS, tries to get something weak going in GOM and then the moisture never really makes it north. Still looks moderately wet next week (especially higher terrain) but less than previous run and from the overall pattern not Fred

Back