• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Fred

The GFS is futher west on the inland track. All noise now until this Gyre gets on the north side of Cuba

From FFC, KATL

LONG TERM /Wednesday Night through Monday/...

Fairly routine summertime forecast through the upcoming weekend as
Georgia remains under weak, relatively featureless upper-level flow
pattern. Western Atlantic surface ridge retreats offshore with weak
surface trough settling into the region. Result is scattered to
widespread, diurnally oriented, convection and near normal
temperatures. Potential big changes for early next week as medium-
range models coming into better agreement, and better run-to-run
consistency, with a potential tropical system. Model consensus
narrowing in on a tropical low in the eastern Gulf of Mexico/west
coast of Florida area by early Monday, however there continues to be
noticeable differences in the strength/timing of the system. Still a
long ways off in the forecast, but we will need to watch upcoming

trends for potential impacts across central and north Georgia.

1628598205658.png

Last edited:
Looking pretty good this morning on the early visible images. Still have some spread in where it could go from up the FL east coast to the central gulf. How strong the trough moving through the NE is this weekend and how much it pushes back against the bermuda ridge along with land interactions in the islands will be big players. Good luck with intensity this far out

Recon is in there now. Looks like they closed off a center near 16.3n&63.4w. Between that and the satellite presentation, I'd be surprised if it's not upgraded to at least a TD.

Recon is in there now. Looks like they closed off a center near 16.3n&63.4w. Between that and the satellite presentation, I'd be surprised if it's not upgraded to at least a TD.
With the winds they have found if they can close off the LLC I think it goes straight to TS

Back