• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

This could end up in the central gulf if GEFS keeps trending west. Is there any chance Elsa slows down a little and strengthen a bit?

Disclaimer it's hard to tell at night but satellite is certainly looking more impressive. I can remember many storms in this area moving at 30 mph that couldn't keep a center early season. This doesn't appear to be that. Recon tomorrow is going to be interesting if these trends are realGOES16_1km_ir_202107020115_7.25_15.75_-61.75_-47.75_ir1_ltng16_hgwy_warn_latlon_weathernerds.png

Disclaimer it's hard to tell at night but satellite is certainly looking more impressive. I can remember many storms in this area moving at 30 mph that couldn't keep a center early season. This doesn't appear to be thatView attachment 86034
It'll be interesting to see if it can remain stacked on its approach to the windward islands. That area is going to have the highest shear of its life span thus far

Disclaimer it's hard to tell at night but satellite is certainly looking more impressive. I can remember many storms in this area moving at 30 mph that couldn't keep a center early season. This doesn't appear to be that. Recon tomorrow is going to be interesting if these trends are realView attachment 86034
I believe Elsa is suppose to start slowing down with speed once its in the Caribbean.

Disclaimer it's hard to tell at night but satellite is certainly looking more impressive. I can remember many storms in this area moving at 30 mph that couldn't keep a center early season. This doesn't appear to be that. Recon tomorrow is going to be interesting if these trends are realView attachment 86034
If she were moving 15 knots than she would probably already or almost be cane by now.

It'll be interesting to see if it can remain stacked on its approach to the windward islands. That area is going to have the highest shear of its life span thus far

Yeah theres still a big question before it clears Hispaniola but it seems to be getting a head start

If there's any kind of a slowdown that would help too

Looks like the HWRF along with the GFS wants to create a weakness/ULL over TX which helps pull it westward.
Scary thing with that is (if right of course) could create some good outflow channel as well.

Back