• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

Every year the NHC kinda wets the bed when forecasting hurricane strength. Can't tell you how many times we saw Tropical systems gain strength very quickly and much stronger than they predicted. Until that cycle breaks or this thing just runs over Hispaniola, I think we're going to see a hurricane make landfall somewhere in the panhandle of Florida.

I have been stocking up the past couple days before the panic buyers come in

I just arrived home from the Publix in Cooper City with a full tank of gas, eight 24-packs of bottled water, 4 gallons more of the wet stuff, and plenty of food for my Hurricane party. This storm is moving so fast that people aren't going to have time to (or just won't) prepare during the July 4th weekend. So there's no time to F around.
IMG_0579.jpg

Yeah that track is too close to the highest peaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, unless the entire inner core is not disrupted then the storm can find ways to survive......or even strengthen even with part of the circulation disrupted over land etc...In this case the fast forward speed would mitigate weakening over Cuba. Then it has a solid day and a half over water before landfall again in Florida....this could easily be a cane hitting Florida.

134722_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Back