• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

134722_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
That recurve, unless it goes straight northward from there, does us no good, and puts extreme eastern NC in bad shape for additional rain they don't need. How are the lowlands of SC rain wise? Might be needed for them.

One note from the disco is the poorly defined circulation at 700mb. If that doesn't improve and the LLC gets hit hard over Hispaniola then dissipation or extreme weakening is still on the table IMO

That recurve, unless it goes straight northward from there, does us no good, and puts extreme eastern NC in bad shape for additional rain they don't need. How are the lowlands of SC rain wise? Might be needed for them.

Honestly its better for us to get the rain here than inland over north central and central NC, east of here the rivers really dont flood from rain as its all wetlands and coastal marshes. Flash flooding would be a issue but we wont see bit river rise with rain over us or to the east. Farmers would lose out though but many of them are already losing a lot of crops to flooded fields. Wind wouldnt probably be a big issue though saturated ground might lead to more than average trees down from a 40-50 mph type system.

Say what you want about Elsa .. right now she’s beautiful .. not perfect but she has a much wider and more symmetrical cloud pattern which will only help her in the future battle problems such as dry air and shear .. the shredder shreds though not much can protect that .. unless of course she skirts around it … I think we see at least some strengthening later today as she won’t have to worry about the shredder yet

Uh oh Gfs coming in .. weak .. this is usually when the euro goes boom haha
The GFS also has the track shooting the gap between eastern Cuba and Jamaica. It must be forecasting some serious shear because that track is a worse-case scenario for Florida.

Gfs is stretching the mid level vortices this run, its also picking up on shear near Cuba from the lopsided qpf field. It'll probably go bonkers in the gulf since the model will probably bomb convection upshear and feed back on that.

Really a pretty good environment once it gets north of Cuba with several outflow channels. A smaller storm moving NE could hit the west side of Florida pretty good.

Reactions: SD
Really a pretty good environment once it gets north of Cuba with several outflow channels. A smaller storm moving NE could hit the west side of Florida pretty good.
Yeah it's not bad with the outflow channel to the north and the system movement with the shear. I'm just not sure how much of a system will be left then. If we start to decouple or open up the mid levels can the sfc circulation rebuild itself

Yeah it's not bad with the outflow channel to the north and the system movement with the shear. I'm just not sure how much of a system will be left then. If we start to decouple or open up the mid levels can the sfc circulation rebuild itself

I’m in the camp that if it decouples it’s dead. If the GFS/HWRF camp is right it’s gonna be a fine line between a weak TS being absorbed by the trough over the SE and a fairly strong hurricane hitting the Tampa area.

I’m in the camp that if it decouples it’s dead. If the GFS/HWRF camp is right it’s gonna be a fine line between a weak TS being absorbed by the trough over the SE and a fairly strong hurricane hitting the Tampa area.
Just curious but I'd be in the mindset that if this thing develops into a strong hurricane then it would be towards the big bend or perhaps even further west. You seem to think if it develops into a strong hurricane it'll hit Tampa. Can you help me understand why? I've got a family vacation to PCB starting on Tuesday so I am hoping you are correct!!

Just curious but I'd be in the mindset that if this thing develops into a strong hurricane then it would be towards the big bend or perhaps even further west. You seem to think if it develops into a strong hurricane it'll hit Tampa. Can you help me understand why? I've got a family vacation to PCB starting on Tuesday so I am hoping you are correct!!

The stronger the storm, the deeper the storm is vertically. A stronger storm will feel the weakness faster and be steered more eastward as it rounds the Atlantic ridge. A very strong hurricane can push farther westward in certain conditions but unless the Ridge is stronger it should move more eastward.

Now if this bombs out into a major hurricane for some reason in the next day, it may change some things.

SUMMARY OF 200 PM AST...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...13.7N 62.5W
ABOUT 95 MI...155 KM WNW OF ST. VINCENT
ABOUT 580 MI...935 KM ESE OF SANTO DOMINGO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...85 MPH...140 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 290 DEGREES AT 29 MPH...46 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...991 MB...29.26 INCH

I’m not gonna comment on the strength this will be. But I’m pretty sure of a Florida landfall somewhere. May still have shifts west or east but I don’t think it misses Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back