• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical TS Elsa

Hot towers going up.

12a1c43acf430ada5b8a291a2fb3c69e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airport in Barbados already seeing sustained winds of 40 MPH and Gusts reaching 60 MPH.

58 MPH Sustained
77 MPH Gust

Radar indicates the COC is 20 Miles SSE of Barbados.

58 MPH Sustained
77 MPH Gust

Radar indicates the COC is 20 Miles SSE of Barbados.

63 MPH Sustained
86 MPH Gusts

Barbados is going to see a hurricane without any hurricane watches or warnings issued. Barbados isn't even in the eye wall.

Live News with a couple reporters on the ground in Barbados. Barbados Meteorological Official just said that the Island government has issued a Hurricane Warning due to observations of 70-80 MPH sustained winds.

Hurricane Elsa Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL052021
745 AM AST Fri Jul 02 2021

...ELSA STRENGTHENS TO A HURRICANE...

Surface observations from Barbados indicate that Elsa's maximum
sustained winds have increased to near 75 mph, and the cyclone
is now a hurricane. A special advisory will be issued within the
hour in place of the normal intermediate advisory.

To me, it's already looking more and more like the GFS/hurricane models will be right here.
Yeah I’m not surprised at all .. Gfs still hasn’t backed down either .. it’s time for the euro to play catch up per usual in the tropical season. Euro may be good overall but it has nothing on on the American models when it comes to tropical weather

Now… is the satellite presentation perfect? Nope .. easily seeing dry air problems and of course it’s moving at break neck speed so it’s bound to be sloppy but it’s got good outflow channels and has good thunderstorm intensity all around helping support the core through the tough journey … another case of rapid intensification

Even their special just out has zero strengthening. It's still a TS near the US
Yeah basically showing it has peaked..... ok, seems odd for an agency that has been naming any cluster of precip with rotation a TC lately haha

Back