• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

My recollection it was horrible, had frozen precip much further south than what materialized

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep. That depiction was fraudulent last time and I advise not to look at it. Use pivotal for the better representation and if you know how to read the Skew T charts, then use them. If not, there's a section in the wiki I wrote awhile back that explains a lot. :)

FV did OK last time. Here is one map I model snow map I found. Most models struggled with the southern edges of frozen extent.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.48.46 PM.png8976e7f61de18d2d40635f31afa0cc41.jpg

FV did OK last time. Here is one map I model snow map I found. Most models struggled with the southern edges of frozen extent.

View attachment 10494View attachment 10495
Ouch only missed by like 13.1 here
027685839881756b9c0c4b9a5f8c7f05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ouch only missed by like 13.1 here
027685839881756b9c0c4b9a5f8c7f05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hah...for the folks on the southern edges like me...we tend to impugn any model that showed snow and stone anyone that says otherwise. I had 4" of slop but 20 miles north had double that. They all showed snow, Euro/UK/GFS...they all suck! I will never forgive the Euro for January 2017...never! This snow hobby can really suck sometimes.

The fv3 should be the only model any of us ever use again for snow. It stood tall all by itself for over a day with this solution. The December storm and now this one it has absolutely reigned as king. No questions at all. It has a slight cold bias but other tHan that it’s rather incredible.

Fv3 long range. Nam short range. Those are all you need.

Weird thing is to that the fv3 is doing worse than the gfs in other instances, for example the 500mb pattern

Snow showers have broken containment coming down through central , southern VA. Triangle and northern coastal plain might get a suprise tonight

The fv3 should be the only model any of us ever use again for snow. It stood tall all by itself for over a day with this solution. The December storm and now this one it has absolutely reigned as king. No questions at all. It has a slight cold bias but other tHan that it’s rather incredible.

Fv3 long range. Nam short range. Those are all you need.

Help yourself!

Back