• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

It's hard to know since the ICON doesn't have soundings we can check to see what the whole atmosphere is like. The CMC today indicated more of a freezing rain scenario as well but I wouldn't trust any global with the p-type... the 3km NAM is usually very good at this as is the RGEM. The signals and synoptic setup certainly argue for a big ice storm right now but determining if it's zr or ip is something the meso models should help with when in range.

Thanks for explaining it?

Can someone confirm what I'm looking at is considered a meso high in VA on this map? If so, wouldn't that lock in the CAD?

GFS Pressure Lev undefined undefined 108.png

What are your thoughts on the upstate Chris?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not sure yet. I think that there’s a great possibility of seeing some ice at least initially and then maybe over to rain not sure yet

Hmm @accu35 @deltadog03 You seeing this?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_24.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_23.png

No real changes yet. Still a miller B hybrid I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of the gefs members had a ice storm when I checked on cod, gefs is showing that potential for a crippling ice storm

Back