• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

I wouldn't punt just yet in terms of ice. Looks better than the December system did, and we barely missed it that time. For snow I'd throw that out right now. Our time can be later this month or in a week or two.

Yea I sat around 33-34 in December, if we can just get 1-2 degrees colder with a stronger CAD we are in business to at least see something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The precip more than doubled this run. Now it's in line with the other modeling. Par for the course this year. It will be a lot of something. Frozen for some. Cold rain for others.
1546972511894.png

Again if those temps are off by just a degree, yeah a major mess.... also DP's appear to be lower with this system then the Dec. system and for the CAD areas that one seriously over performed.
Btw, a word about DP's I saw the map @deltadog03 posted earlier and @snowlover91 touched on this.... the NAM was showing some crazy low DP's with the Dec storm at this lead time that never verified so just keep that in mind

Again if those temps are off by just a degree, yeah a major mess.... also DP's appear to be lower with this system then the Dec. system and for the CAD areas that one seriously over performed.
Btw, a word about DP's I saw the map @deltadog03 posted earlier and @snowlover91 touched on this.... the NAM was showing some crazy low DP's with the Dec storm at this lead time that never verified so just keep that in mind

Yeah for now I would trust the global DP's over the NAM until we get inside 60 hours. The December system the NAM was showing DP's in the teens while the GFS was upper 20s in NC and the upper 20 DP's verified quite well. The good news is even the GFS for this system is showing DP's starting in the teens for most in NC, SC and even northern GA which if it verifies would likely produce a much stronger CAD than currently modeled. This will also have implications for the SLP track and ice effects.
1546973222959.png

Someone post the euro snow map as a whole please

Back