• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Strong, slow moving SE storm 12/21-23

Y’all notice a deeper H5 look too? Damn temps tho. Many areas are closer at sfc and 850 but still not there.
We really could have used that phase. But alas, no good ridge out west, no digging N/S shortwave, High scooting out too quickly, Storm moving in too late. Could have used that phase. Maybe next time. At least we'll get some good rain and hopefully remember that systems almost always trend north as we move in. Or correct north. Or get modeled more north or whatever the correct terminology is. Either way, I'm loving the beating the drought is taking.

We really could have used that phase. But alas, no good ridge out west, no digging N/S shortwave, High scooting out too quickly, Storm moving in too late. Could have used that phase. Maybe next time. At least we'll get some good rain and hopefully remember that systems almost always trend north as we move in. Or correct north. Or get modeled more north or whatever the correct terminology is. Either way, I'm loving the beating the drought is taking.
I agree!

Y’all notice a deeper H5 look too? Damn temps tho. Many areas are closer at sfc and 850 but still not there.
I mean the NAM and CMC are close here for snow at the beginning at least and I have 2 or 3 GEFS members, so what do I have to lose to hope for a few degrees colder?

LOL nothing....What a great look at H5...

Just one of many examples of how perfect the setup has to be for us in the SE.

In this case we have the storm track! Just missing the cold. Usually it is the other way around which is what makes this a pretty unique and rare system.

it’s not everyday you see a monster cutoff down in the gulf

Might be sloppy flakes here on the onset if the NAM is even remotely close.
nam_2019121818_072_34.31--84.08.png
ratioku.us_se.png

If there always one thing that’s known about the SE, it’s that you typically get more WAA, but faster precip arrival, for example that light icing event that happened, precip arrived several hours earlier than expected, if this theme continues with this storm, areas in northern GA/upstate of SC/WNC may see some wet snowflakes or sleet pellets, ovr not much if any

If there always one thing that’s known about the SE, it’s that you typically get more WAA, but faster precip arrival, for example that light icing event that happened, precip arrived several hours earlier than expected, if this theme continues with this storm, areas in northern GA/upstate of SC/WNC may see some wet snowflakes or sleet pellets, ovr not much if any
If I see more than 5 minutes of flakes it's already better than last year lol.

Back