• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Strong, slow moving SE storm 12/21-23

No sir, the area of Low pressure should start the shift NW closer to the SE coast.

Everyone talks about a shift NW, but in reality it’s not a shift verbatim. It’s a correction of the modeling. It’s what the LP was going to do all along. The data to start with was wrong. That’s why I say it’s a correction.

Everyone talks about a shift NW, but in reality it’s not a shift verbatim. It’s a correction of the modeling. It’s what the LP was going to do all along. The data to start with was wrong. That’s why I say it’s a correction.
I see what you are saying but your first post in response to his NW shift comment said "It’s not a shift NW. It’s an expansion of the QPF field." nothing about "correction". I mean the same could be said about any aspect of a model projection... 5 days out it shows an Apps runner, then as we get closer the slp is off the coast, we're going to say the model is shifting SE, but you state we should say, it corrected. All models correct as it gets closer.... you're arguing semantics.

Last edited:
for what its worth the 12z NAM has virga and precip falling over Western NC at hr 84. It is the NAM long range. It has a tendency to be a little too aggressive with precip.

refcmp.us_ma.png

DP's are ok.

sfctd.us_ma.png

Here is my sounding. I'm west of the NC/TN state line so most soundings in the Western NC area are even better than this.

my sounding.png

Will see how this run ends but the UK sheared out the ULL.

icon_z500_vort_us_fh72_trend.gif

I see what you are saying but your first post in response to his NW shift comment said "It’s not a shift NW. It’s an expansion of the QPF field." nothing about "correction". I mean the same could be said about any aspect of a model projection... 5 days out it shows an Apps runner, then as we get closer the slp is off the coast, we're going to say the model is shifting SE, but you state we should say, it corrected. All models correct as it gets closer.... you're arguing semantics.

That’s because I’m pedantic to a fault.

Goona get rough in Alabama with what the Euro is showing
sfcmslp.conus.png

That's what she....nvm.

Honestly im not sold on it even raining here yet.

Sees euro....disregard my post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Would that be the girl sitting in the desk next to..... nvm

Yeah I could see the Euro being to amped in this instance and bringing precip too far north. And honestly I'd be perfectly happy with no precip from it

Y’all notice a deeper H5 look too? Damn temps tho. Many areas are closer at sfc and 850 but still not there.

Back