• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

By George...Apple did it (mainly them as I looked for fun and 20 of 30 Dow 30 stocks ended up down)...

They drug what was a struggling DOW today (since most of it was red and a couple turned green at the last second) to a +115 finish, kicking and screaming.

Shame on me for letting that options article spook me back in the spring. I may have to retract on letting Apple go and nibble on some shares for the split after they cool off (of course assuming they do). I think they're overpriced but after they split, they're pretty likely to rally again over the years even if it may not make sense. Before that 7 to 1 split back in 2014, they were trading above $600.
APPLE = Buy, relax, watch it climb over time

I knew the last time Bitcoin broke 10k it was going to run stupid hard. MARA (Marathon Patent) runs with Bitcoin but I was too busy to put 2 and 2 together. MARA has been running stupid hard ?‍♂️

I knew the last time Bitcoin broke 10k it was going to run stupid hard. MARA (Marathon Patent) runs with Bitcoin but I was too busy to put 2 and 2 together. MARA has been running stupid hard ?‍♂️

Yeah. MARA was/is a nice grab. Heard U.S. is buying up Cryptocurrency, and BAC is buying a lot. It probably already happened, but it does portend some good things to come.

Jimmy, do you look at the QQQ? It's an index of the big tech stocks. Basically, our momentum in the stock market has been predicated on big tech momentum, but that seems to be stalling. Stochastics has dropped below 50, so we may be looking at a big correction in the next couple of weeks. The one thing that's gonna be critical is news out of Washington, which will lead to big daily dips and spikes.

I'm looking at the following:

ADMP: Covid stock set up for news. Buy as close to a dollars as possible, and sell $1.25 for swing. You could wait until it's over $1.40, which looks like the next area of support.

CPSH: This is a play on the NASA. CPSH is involved with the Perseverance Rover. This looks like it's going over from $2.40 to +$3.00.

INUV looks like a good AI advertising company that is good to go for buys at under .60, particularly with the election coming up.

PLM is a mining company that's sitting on 170 million pounds of nickel. There's rumors about a deal/partnership/merger with TESLA. TESLA is begging for nickel right now. Add on the dip to .46. Think it has room to go down a bit further to around .42 in a worst case scenario, but stochastics and momentum seem to be on its side.

Yeah. MARA was/is a nice grab. Heard U.S. is buying up Cryptocurrency, and BAC is buying a lot. It probably already happened, but it does portend some good things to come.

Jimmy, do you look at the QQQ? It's an index of the big tech stocks. Basically, our momentum in the stock market has been predicated on big tech momentum, but that seems to be stalling. Stochastics has dropped below 50, so we may be looking at a big correction in the next couple of weeks. The one thing that's gonna be critical is news out of Washington, which will lead to big daily dips and spikes.

I'm looking at the following:

ADMP: Covid stock set up for news. Buy as close to a dollars as possible, and sell $1.25 for swing. You could wait until it's over $1.40, which looks like the next area of support.

CPSH: This is a play on the NASA. CPSH is involved with the Perseverance Rover. This looks like it's going over from $2.40 to +$3.00.

INUV looks like a good AI advertising company that is good to go for buys at under .60, particularly with the election coming up.

PLM is a mining company that's sitting on 170 million pounds of nickel. There's rumors about a deal/partnership/merger with TESLA. TESLA is begging for nickel right now. Add on the dip to .46. Think it has room to go down a bit further to around .42 in a worst case scenario, but stochastics and momentum seem to be on its side.
SXTC, XERS AND GLBS are my plays this coming week. Full on pump and dump ready for those 3 I believe

I think Apple might have played the best hand they could during Covid-19, and I’m on the fence as to whether to buy stock in the immediate future given our approach towards the flu, cold, and now, coronavirus season.

What happened? Apple cut the price on many of their products, and the government subsidized purchases of Iphone products by providing loans and vouchers to third-party retailers in China. If you go online, there are stories about 18-30% price reductions on many Iphone 11 models, and there are huge reductions of over 50% on utility and accessory items. I think the goal for Apple is to increase market share of the smart phone market in China, so they can increase the customer base for their Apps and services. I can imagine Apple losing money on sales in China just so they can profit off the digital transactions.

Why did this happen? The Chinese government fostered business growth during the pandemic. This created a nice recipe for Apple’s success in China, while they started moving their product manufacturers to India.

First, China cut a minimum of $300 billion dollars in annual taxes to boost growth in March, and expanded the amount of tax revenue that goes back to local governments. When you adjust for inflation, the number comes out to $600-800 billion dollars, which, for the purposes of scale, is 3-4 times greater than the $190 billion in lost revenue under the Trump tax cut in 2017. The largest cut came from the VAT tax, which was lowered from 16% to 13%. One of Apples third party, online retailers, JD Supra, was already exempt from income and others taxes, as well as interest rates on loans, and the reduction in VAT tax really helped them explode. China also increased made all donations from corporations to government-preferred charities fully deductible, which spurred numerous companies to donate. While relief is being provided to Chinese businesses, 45% taxes are being applied to non-citizens, expats, and anyone that earns global income.
https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...-45-china-tax-rate-consider-leaving-hong-kong

In addition, “many provincial and local governments have also set out additional relief measures. This includes deferring the payment of social security contributions (and in some cases refunding contributions already made), cutting real estate tax and urban land use tax for enterprises with funding difficulties/small and middle-sized enterprises, among other measures. We expect more tax relief measures to follow at the central and local level.”
https://www.internationaltaxreview....ief-measures-to-tackle-coronavirus-disruption

Adding more fuel to the fire, China poured hundreds of billions into banks, small business loans, and regulatory credits. Local Governments provided consumption vouchers to local businesses, and the national government provided e-commerce vouchers to online channels. The former mainly subsidizes small-businesses that are favorable to the government, and the latter spurred $38 billion in sales for JD Supra from June 1 to the 18.
https://www.startribune.com/jd-com-stock-jumps-6-in-hong-kong-debut-amid-annual-sale/571337302/

SXTC, XERS AND GLBS are my plays this coming week. Full on pump and dump ready for those 3 I believe

XERS: I think it has potential to get above $3-4 in the next few weeks, but I can also make the argument that it could drop below the resistance price of 2.6. I think this might be a swing play. Stock went from oversold to overbought recently, and RSI and MACD seem to be indicating an increase. They have a nice drug delivery system, and good news could really make them pop. What was your buy price?

GLBS: That's a stock I would expect bears to push on stocktwits. After TOPS and SHIPS crapped the bed, GLBS seems to be the next shipping company that people want to boast about. I can see a small pop coming for it after this last offering, but I think a reverse split is in its future after it spikes to .3. It could very well go under .1. Let's see. I've been wrong on these weird stocks. What's your target price?

SXTC: My old nemesis. I sold all my shares as soon as this thing hit .52 after swinging it for a couple months. I think it's a buy at .38. I could see myself jumping in when the indicators become more favorable. There is a lot of favorable news coming out of China at the moment. Friends of the Chine Communist Party are finding success.

Lost a grand on a BK play this morning. Company went over to pink sheet trading earlier than expected. Also made 10% on another play this morning which is where I had about 40% of my portfolio allocated for the last 2 weeks. Sold like the ? I am to secure profits. I am mostly cash now. I think it’s time to take another couple of weeks off so I can reevaluate my trading strategy. I’ve been a little reckless lately.

XERS: I think it has potential to get above $3-4 in the next few weeks, but I can also make the argument that it could drop below the resistance price of 2.6. I think this might be a swing play. Stock went from oversold to overbought recently, and RSI and MACD seem to be indicating an increase. They have a nice drug delivery system, and good news could really make them pop. What was your buy price?

GLBS: That's a stock I would expect bears to push on stocktwits. After TOPS and SHIPS crapped the bed, GLBS seems to be the next shipping company that people want to boast about. I can see a small pop coming for it after this last offering, but I think a reverse split is in its future after it spikes to .3. It could very well go under .1. Let's see. I've been wrong on these weird stocks. What's your target price?

SXTC: My old nemesis. I sold all my shares as soon as this thing hit .52 after swinging it for a couple months. I think it's a buy at .38. I could see myself jumping in when the indicators become more favorable. There is a lot of favorable news coming out of China at the moment. Friends of the Chine Communist Party are finding success.
I chickened out on GLBS. I’m afraid it’s a dud with all the other shipping stocks finding no success and massive debt load. I still think a spike is possible but it’s not worth the risk. XERS I got in at 2.69 and hope to sell at 4$. I do believe XERS could explode at any moment however. SXTC I’m looking to hit .55 and I’ll exit. I’ve got a lot of playing money now. Made a bold play in FSLY and NET on their pull backs and have banked on them. 150 shares on FSLY at 76.50 and 50 on NET at 34.75. Thats way more money than I Have dropped on anything but I felt very confident in those buys... I’m still bag holding IDEX like a sucker however lol.

With all the fun and excitement of traveling, I forgot that this week is employment report week for July until sometime today when I got back...boy, with areas reversing reopening that's not likely to end very well this go around.

Would have to guess they're going to attempt to pair that with good news on stimulus? Either way, I'm thinking probably low volume green tomorrow, then red on Thursday and Friday.

Wish I had played Novavax months ago.

Novavax, Inc. (NASDAQ: NVAX) rose 17.1% to $184.00 in pre-market trading r after the company announced phase 1 data from its phase 1/2 trial was well-tolerated and had a reassuring safety profile. JP Morgan also upgraded the company's from Neutral to Overweight and raised its price target from $105 to $275.

I think either around 3325 or 3330 is going to be your S&P high before we leak back down (to the low 3000s at the lowest probably though because I think we're range bound) for now. Guess I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up being incorrect though because we're in funny land.

I made a sizable bottom play on PLAG this morning. Earnings were last week and weren’t all that bad. Nice uptick in volume and increase in share price but has since fizzled out. It’s basically waiting on volume to pick up. Low floater. Added in the low 1.90’s earlier today.

I was holding a large chunk of CNDT for the last few weeks and sold 2 days ago for 10% gains. It’s up 90% after hours after stellar earnings. I missed out on about $10,000. I want to cry

RNWF was a big runner today, CLHI has been gradually trending up over the past few months in anticipation of the filings hitting.

We really do not want to go down much this week I guess, if we don't see any kind of stimulus announced today, that might make parts of next week ugly.

BRTXQ looks like a massive runner... slated to go bankrupt and have all shares dissolved and then a big fund jumps in and has been working on a reorganization plan for it and it would keep all shares in tact. Got it at .0016 this AM and this it has massive potential. Former nasdaq company.

I see CLHI is up to .14 now. Will be interesting to see how much it will run once the filing hits. I'm currently at a 124% gain.

Yeah slow and steady rise, it sounds like progress is being made and they’re getting pretty close. Company is very tight lipped, I’ve tried to ask some questions but they won’t reveal anything (which is good). I could see it running to .50 or so once filings hit, maybe more depending on the content of them.

Back