• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I think UCO which is a Proshares Crude Oil ETF has a lot of potential here. If a deal can be made sooner rather than later that thing is going to go bananas
You would think. Up 5% this morning. I'm wondering if we are truly escaping from the bottom, though.

I kind of want to get in on it, but I'm just not sure a higher oil price is sustainable as long as the economy remains shut down. Management fees are also kind of high, so if oil stays flat for another year, that'll burn. And contagno makes things complicated...

Last edited:
I have noticed a lot over the past week, that most of my stocks get off to a hot start and give me a good tease, before tanking like hell after lunch.

My portfolio has yet to have a positive day of any sort over its short one week span, but I am in for the long haul.

I have noticed a lot over the past week, that most of my stocks get off to a hot start and give me a good tease, before tanking like hell after lunch.

My portfolio has yet to have a positive day of any sort over its short one week span, but I am in for the long haul.

It’s cause most of the positions we talk about on here people are dumping for quick profits early in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy I bought UCO this am it’s up 53 percent !!!!!!!!!!

Literally was just looking at that. FML I missed it. Good job jumping on that. That should run for a couple days if not more. Congrats man

Per Trumps post on FB, gas prices will be going UP UP UP just in time for hurricane season if not sooner. I do miss paying $3/gallon

Announcement apparently coming that Russia and the Saudis will cut production by 10-15 million barrels a day

Load up !!!

I tried day trading for the first time, but I got in a little late on this and lost $50ish (maybe it'll recover but it was starting to trend down too quickly for my liking. Oh well. I don't have the stomach to day trade. ?

I guess you could say I was a sucker, haha. Time to go back to going long on stuff. At least most of my money is in index funds, so they more than balance out my losses here today.

Bailed on my SQQQ after clawing back to my buy in around $21. Pretty good after it dropped to 18 the other day. I ain’t mad. Took that money and pumped it into UCO. Good chance that goes boom for the next leg up around lunch time. If not. Oh well. Should have sold SQQQ at the end of day yesterday day and went with UCO before the closing bell. That’s what my gut was telling me. Oh well. Live and learn

Made some medium term plays this morning with most of the money I was planning to invest. I put most of it in an S&P 500 index fund, and the remainder in XOP since I expect oil stocks to generally trend upwards once this is all over. Certainly didn’t time either perfectly (should’ve dumped money in another week or two back when the DJIA had bottomed out around 19k), but I figure both should be up in another year or two (time in the market beats timing, as “they” often say).

Back