• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

We may be warming up today to go timber on Friday when the official unemployment comes out for March. But I also thought the unofficial report would do it last week and that day was high.

If I'm right, I might nibble on the Apple some there. But I also saw that in the options business, there was one person that had a put for $150, so I'm uncertain. Also watching Facebook, Disney, and have added on Target again and maybe Starbucks to watch.

Take a look at UCO and tell me what you think. It’s a 2x Crude Oil ETF that has really taken a beating the last month or two. Upside looks solid but I’d like to know what some of the seasoned experts on here think.
Isn't holding a daily leveraged ETF for the medium/long-term generally considered a bad move because of decay?

I expect crude oil to be 2-3 times higher than it is now in another 1-2 years, so I expect oil to be on an upward trajectory, but I’m not sure the leveraged ETF will behave as expected.

Last edited:
We may be warming up today to go timber on Friday when the official unemployment comes out for March. But I also thought the unofficial report would do it last week and that day was high.

If I'm right, I might nibble on the Apple some there. But I also saw that in the options business, there was one person that had a put for $150, so I'm uncertain. Also watching Facebook, Disney, and have added on Target again and maybe Starbucks to watch.
I kind of feel like all the bad news is priced in at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the indices fall some more, but I don’t know if the DJI collapsing too far below 20,000 is likely at this point. If 3 million unemployment claims didn’t do the trick last week, I’m not sure what will.

Isn't holding a daily leveraged ETF for the medium/long-term generally considered a bad move because of decay?

I expect crude oil to be 2-3 times higher than it is now in another 1-2 years, so I expect oil to be on an upward trajectory, but I’m not sure the leveraged ETF will behave as expected.
I got stuck with it. Actually made profit the first day I had it but couldn’t sell bc I can’t sfford another good faith violation on my account. So I tried to average down the other day and here we are..in the hole

Also I’ve held SQQQ for a week and I’m now in the green today. So decay isn’t always a problem.

I bought 100 shares of Carnival today. It’s a gamble for sure, but if they survive it will be a good long play. Could take the industry years to recover to previous levels. If they do survive I will also get onboard credit for every cruise I may take as a shareholder, so that’s a bonus I guess. It is possible I may have jumped in too early as there is no good news in sight for the industry, but I’m hoping that’s mostly already priced in.

I bought 100 shares of Carnival today. It’s a gamble for sure, but if they survive it will be a good long play. Could take the industry years to recover to previous levels. If they do survive I will also get onboard credit for every cruise I may take as a shareholder, so that’s a bonus I guess. It is possible I may have jumped in too early as there is no good news in sight for the industry, but I’m hoping that’s mostly already priced in.

Welcome to the team? I keep buying it as well. Smart long term stock that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back