• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Take a look at UCO and tell me what you think. It’s a 2x Crude Oil ETF that has really taken a beating the last month or two. Upside looks solid but I’d like to know what some of the seasoned experts on here think.

Because of the way they work, leveraged ETF’s aren’t usually a good way to invest in a down sector in this type of market. Once we get into a recovery and start to see things consistently green then the ETF might be worth a look if oil follows suit but until then I would stay away. I would look for individual oil companies with good revenue growth and low debt in the industries that are down if you want to look long term. Same with JNUG, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole right now.

Finally my SQQQ is doing what it was supposed to do Monday! Green candles into the close!

Because of the way they work, leveraged ETF’s aren’t usually a good way to invest in a down sector in this type of market. Once we get into a recovery and start to see things consistently green then the ETF might be worth a look if oil follows suit but until then I would stay away. I would look for individual oil companies with good revenue growth and low debt in the industries that are down if you want to look long term. Same with JNUG, I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole right now.
Yeah. I’m sort of stuck in JNUG. Shouldn’t be a problem to recoup my money before the end of the week/early next week but it didn’t perform the way I thought it would. That’s investing, I guess.

Yeah. I’m sort of stuck in JNUG. Shouldn’t be a problem to recoup my money before the end of the week/early next week but it didn’t perform the way I thought it would. That’s investing, I guess.

Yeah that’s part of investing, I’ve been doing it for 15 years now so I’ve learned many lessons the hard way lol. What brokerage are you with? One of the best tools in TD Ameritrade is the stock screener where you can create custom screens to look for stocks that meet certain qualifications. For example, I have one for high dividend paying stocks that average a 10% gain each year on top of paying a 5% or higher dividend. I also have a “big mover” screen I use for day trading. The top performer on that screen for today is SGBX.

04AC9E12-511F-4396-9A09-362A00C6ED89.png

Once you really get the hang of things, L2 view is helpful with smaller companies and seeing where certain areas of resistance might be. I’ve also found most stocks that run 100% or more in a day usually only run 1-3 days before selling and profit taking kicks in and sends it red.

TVIX looks like a great entry right now before April starts and reality sets back in

Yeah that’s part of investing, I’ve been doing it for 15 years now so I’ve learned many lessons the hard way lol. What brokerage are you with? One of the best tools in TD Ameritrade is the stock screener where you can create custom screens to look for stocks that meet certain qualifications. For example, I have one for high dividend paying stocks that average a 10% gain each year on top of paying a 5% or higher dividend. I also have a “big mover” screen I use for day trading. The top performer on that screen for today is SGBX.

View attachment 38158

Once you really get the hang of things, L2 view is helpful with smaller companies and seeing where certain areas of resistance might be. I’ve also found most stocks that run 100% or more in a day usually only run 1-3 days before selling and profit taking kicks in and sends it red.
I have Etrade. I downloaded some stock screeners and I’m trying to figure out a good screen to find big movers using Volume/volatility. The only problem is I want to find them before 10am. Finding the big movers after the fact does me and my wallet no good. Any suggestions on how to fine-tune this?

Also, for those who day trade or want to try it, I set a screener to pick up certain things in the AM and then usually pick a stock that fits my criteria and will go with it. I did CYDY yesterday and made 17% on it. Now waiting for funds to settle before I look for another.

I have Etrade. I downloaded some stock screeners and I’m trying to figure out a good screen to find big movers using Volume/volatility. The only problem is I want to find them before 10am. Finding the big movers after the fact does me and my wallet no good. Any suggestions on how to fine-tune this?

My screen is set up to find stocks with heavy or above average volume, up more than 20% and that’s it. From there I sort the list by price and usually go with ones in the $2-5 range as they typically move the most percent in a day. I look for what the catalyst is that is making it move, share structure, L2 (Etrade should have that) and then pick out a top 2-4 stocks and watch them. I run my screen around 9:45 am. What you’ll find is the big runners almost always gap up big, sell of and languish and then run hard in the afternoon. I usually buy them once they start the move upwards. If I had spare money today I would have bought SGBX at the $4 price. Usually 10:30-1pm is the “lunch money” time where people take profits, selling pressure is heavier, etc and then if it’s going to run big in the afternoon it’ll take off around 1 or 2pm.

D650C887-D50A-4C02-8C8C-4B870A091A26.png

My screen is set up to find stocks with heavy or above average volume, up more than 20% and that’s it. From there I sort the list by price and usually go with ones in the $2-5 range as they typically move the most percent in a day. I look for what the catalyst is that is making it move, share structure, L2 (Etrade should have that) and then pick out a top 2-4 stocks and watch them. I run my screen around 9:45 am. What you’ll find is the big runners almost always gap up big, sell of and languish and then run hard in the afternoon. I usually buy them once they start the move upwards. If I had spare money today I would have bought SGBX at the $4 price. Usually 10:30-1pm is the “lunch money” time where people take profits, selling pressure is heavier, etc and then if it’s going to run big in the afternoon it’ll take off around 1 or 2pm.

View attachment 38159
Invaluable information. Much appreciated

Invaluable information. Much appreciated

You’re welcome! It takes a long time to get the hang of it but it can be very rewarding. Much of it is just pattern recognition and knowing what to look for and avoid. Right now a hot sector is anything coronavirus related. Awhile back the marijuana sector was. There’s always a hot sector, just have to find it and then hold on!

FLR held her ground pretty good for you today, Mr. Hypocracy
Yes she did. Tried to sell off and found resistance around 6.75. Very happy with the way that turned out. Healthy buying and selling. Now we just need to avoid the dump at the morning bell ??

Yes she did. Tried to sell off and found resistance around 6.75. Very happy with the way that turned out. Healthy buying and selling. Now we just need to avoid the dump at the morning bell ??

Jimmy here’s a fun chart for you! If you bought this at $2 yesterday you would be looking at a 6x increase in 24 hours! How about that!
A35473E1-3B3D-478B-ADF0-98D5D83E103B.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This will be resolved. Load up on oil related stocks while they’re still at a discount. News will break some time in the future and oil stocks will go up overnight. We are still heavily reliant on oil and this little pandemic may have set us back another decade in that department. Load up

It's been great. Netflix has been wonderful. I don't know when I'll sell it. I have bought some short-term stocks due to the stimulus package, but I'm selling that dirt. Airlines? Sold them after picking them up already dirt cheap. The bottom is coming in the next month. Gather your funds.

Back